Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had a 5 pound ham...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
What would you do with it?

I'm really not a fan of ham, and the only time I can think I have it is on Christmas. But my mother-in-law came over yesterday and brought me a 5 pound ham because they were on a really good sale. And because I only think of it for Christmas, where we use it to serve as brunch with things like croissants and fruit. So I'm trying to think of how to prepare it and what to serve with it. Help?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why-meee
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:22 PM
I thought this was a math word problem.
Why-meee
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM
But mac and cheese.
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM
We dice it up and out it on pizza, slice it for lunch meat, bake it.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM
Easter dinner!
Fakemom7
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM
Id give it to someone that likes ham!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM
Save it for Easter? Other than that you can slice it up and use it for soups. Freeze it in slices to have for quick dinners (just thaw them at fry them in a pan).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM
Easter lunch is already planned! I'm making a quiche, and my husband's aunt is bringing a french toast Casserole, and my mother-in-law is providing fruit and some finger foods. I will probably save some of the ham to put in the quiche but I could still get a couple meals out of it, I'm just having trouble figuring out what to put with it. I know it sounds simple, but like I said I never really eat ham!

Quoting KendallsMommee: Easter dinner!
K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:28 PM

I would throw it in the trash.

Haha. Probably not, but I don't like ham.

I would likely make ham and bean soup for DH because he loves it and I never make it.

Trouser.Mouse
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:29 PM
I'd bake it with a glaze with sides for one meal, use some leftovers for ham and beans with cornbread, use some for sandwiches either sliced or make ham salad.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:29 PM

french toast casserole? Tell me more?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Easter lunch is already planned! I'm making a quiche, and my husband's aunt is bringing a french toast Casserole, and my mother-in-law is providing fruit and some finger foods. I will probably save some of the ham to put in the quiche but I could still get a couple meals out of it, I'm just having trouble figuring out what to put with it. I know it sounds simple, but like I said I never really eat ham!
Quoting KendallsMommee: Easter dinner!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)