Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are not going with their father that week!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My ex and I have joint custody with our son and daughter. My sister is getting marry in June and my son will be the ring bearer and my daughter will be the flower girl. Well found out that their father will have them that week of my sister's wedding and I talked to him and he said he's taking them to Disney World for whole week and his family will be included and they planned it a long time ago. Well my sister and her fiancee planned their wedding for 2 years and she already picked who will be her ring bearer and flower girl. They will not be going to Disney World that week because they need to be there for wedding rehearsal, dinner, and actual wedding and I promise my sister my children will be there. I told my ex and he can get pissed off if he wants to. So what it's his week, but they are my children as well they aren't going to a different country for a whole week (we live in Canada). I've been having issues with my ex before we got divorced.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:20 PM
Well enjoy losing some of your custody I guess.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:22 PM
This won't work out well for you.
weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM
Sucks for the kids
jules2boys
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM

sounds like what you have is a great lack of communication, not 'issues' with your ex. 

I can't speak for Canadian law but if it's his CO'd time with his kids, you may not have much say over it.  If your sister has been planning her wedding for 2 years, didn't she have the date before now?  April seems like a short time to get the wedding party organized for a June wedding. 

Why-meee
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:24 PM
Disney sounds way more fun
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:24 PM

This is your fault not your ex's.  I hope he takes you to court over this and you lose. 

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:25 PM
I would never make my kids miss out on Disney and a family vacation to spend two minutes being paraded around and a weekend of misery at a wedding. Have you even asked your children?

Why are you putting the wants of your sister above your children? Why did you make a promise without first making sure to clear it with the person who has custody during that time?
Wtshubbypst
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have Golden Uterus Syndrome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
If you knew the day two years ago, why didn't you calculate whose week it was? You're completely self absorbed if you don't see his side of this. Good luck going against the custody agreement. Que all the background and incidents where he has...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM
What do the kids want? If he has paid for Disney, are you going to pay him back the money he will lose? You knew it was his week and you commuted your kids to your sisters wedding without asking dad. Sorry it's dad's week your sister is just going to have to find replacements or do it without a flower girl and ring bearer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)