Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow a biker told you how to parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

that's how you know you fucked up. I was at a coffee shop. there was a lady crossing with her maybe 4 year old child and her friend(sister maybe). there were 2 bikes coming down the street and the little boy darted in front of them to get to the sidewalk. the bikes hit their brakes and the mom runs up to the kid and smacks the back of his head. one of the bikers yells "don't hit him.its not his fault, it's yours, you're the mother."

the look on her face was so funny lol she knew she fucked up and got caught on their cameras.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it is the kids fault.  A parent doesn't always know that a child will dart and maybe he had never done it before.  At least she tried to correct him for his poor choices that day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM

she should have been holding his hand and it wouldnt have happened. I have 5 adult children. even when they tried to dart they couldn't because I had a hold of them. there's no excuse when crossing the street.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No, it is the kids fault.  A parent doesn't always know that a child will dart and maybe he had never done it before.  At least she tried to correct him for his poor choices that day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:24 PM
Totally the mom's fault, hitting her kid because she didn't have him holding her hand safely.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM
They could be parents too, you never know. Someone's gotta tell mom if she can't figure it out for herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM

they probably were. its still funny though.

Quoting Anonymous 3: They could be parents too, you never know. Someone's gotta tell mom if she can't figure it out for herself.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:29 PM

I disagree with you.  This isn't a pissing contest on who has more children or that they made it to adults.  Mine were simply taught to stay by my side.  At 4 I didn't always feel the need to hold their hands, at one or two most definitely but at 4 I gave more freedom as they showed more responsibility. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

she should have been holding his hand and it wouldnt have happened. I have 5 adult children. even when they tried to dart they couldn't because I had a hold of them. there's no excuse when crossing the street.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:29 PM

I don't agree.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Totally the mom's fault, hitting her kid because she didn't have him holding her hand safely.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

engagedandproud
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM
Because a biker said something means she fucked up? No. This is stupid. A child that age should know not to dart across the street.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. Kids that age are unpredictable and don't know better. You need to always hold their hands in situations like this. Thought that was common sense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
A 4yo child should know not to dart off and should not have done so. I don't in any way shape or form think the biker told the woman how to parent. She did so. My kids would have never done that, because I'd give them the spanking of their life, and they know it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)