Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Woukd You Do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
If you were in the parking lot of your grocery store, gathering your purse getting to leave your car and go inside, when you see a car pulling into a space and the crack of the bumpers colliding. The driver gets out, talking on his cell phone, inspects the front of the car. He goes inside, but comes out a few minutes later and drives off. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tsatske2
by Latricia on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:45 PM

Take down his license plate number and report it to the police. Hang around and give the owner my name and number and tell him I saw the accident.If the police will come, stay and tell them your a witness, but in my state the police don't respond to wrecks on private property. But they will go pick a driver up for hit and run, which this is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:55 PM
I took a picture and left a note. not much damage to the bumper. I felt like a private eye, got pictures of his license, him looking at the bumper, talking on the phone, getting in his car...everything, lol.

Quoting tsatske2:

Take down his license plate number and report it to the police. Hang around and give the owner my name and number and tell him I saw the accident.If the police will come, stay and tell them your a witness, but in my state the police don't respond to wrecks on private property. But they will go pick a driver up for hit and run, which this is. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:00 PM
If I saw him hit my car, I would confront him and start taking pictures of my car, his car and of him. Then call the cops
f.i.s.h
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:02 PM

I'd take pictures of his plate number and report him. Hit and runs are not OK.

FrankNFurter
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:07 PM
If it was my car, I would have got his plate.

If it wasn't my car, I would mind my own business m
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:07 PM
This.

Quoting FrankNFurter: If it was my car, I would have got his plate.

If it wasn't my car, I would mind my own business m
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM

I would have taken a picture of the 'crime scene' and the plates of the driver as soon as the driver went in.  But that is just me. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:16 PM

what I have done in the instance. took a picture of the guy and his liscense plate. Then called police and showed them my pictures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Take down the license plate number and the make/model of the vehicle, take pictures and leave a note.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)