Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not hiring you because your obviously stupid - any professional mommas wanna give me advice?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:52 PM
  • 81 Replies
Or non-professional 😊

I've been tasked with finding a new receptionist / executive assistant in a financial advisor firm. It's a hard job for a difficult boss with high standards. Thing is though, I like everybody. Its who I am.

I am in desperate need of advice from a seasoned recruiter ☹ how do I see through the best foot forward interview bullshit? How do I find my rockstar?

No one is stupid, I just wanted attention. I threw in the grammatical error for good measure lol
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheYesMom
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Side note, separate issue - some prople are reheheally bad at interviewing. Seriously thinking about selling interview prep coaching services
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Use the correct you're
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
Did you read the post? LOL

Quoting nmkj: Use the correct you're
Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Read the whole post.

TheYesMom
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

read the post :) also, thanks for the bump

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think anyone fully read your post 😂
TheYesMom
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

ikr lol. i figured even if i didn't get any answers, at least it would be fun to see who isn't paying attention haha!

Quoting TiffanyRose06: I don't think anyone fully read your post 😂

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:27 PM
Situational interviews, it'll weed out the peoples who are just fancy with words
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:28 PM
I've found that calling previous employers is a great way to weed out shitty candidates. My applications used to state that I would contact all employers in the last 5 years. A lot of people like to say they left a position voluntarily when in reality they were fired. Or if they admitted to leaving voluntarily would leave out the fact that they just stopped showing up one day.
TheYesMom
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 3: I've found that calling previous employers is a great way to weed out shitty candidates. My applications used to state that I would contact all employers in the last 5 years. A lot of people like to say they left a position voluntarily when in reality they were fired. Or if they admitted to leaving voluntarily would leave out the fact that they just stopped showing up one day.

you make a good point. we check references now, but with no particular focus on past empolyers, and we do it as the last step before an offer is made. i think i'll move it up in the process and add emphasis and focus. at what point do you do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)