Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ever notice how certain songs take on a different meaning for you when you listen to them years later or you appreciate them more as you are older and have more life experiences? Was listening to a version of Dancing In The Dark by someone else. It was very slowed down and cool. I always liked the original but never thought anything of it. This person is frustrated etc..they need a spark etc and it has a,good beat. Today I listened to it and really heard it. The lyrics I ain't nothing but tired, I'm just tired and bored with myself really Struck as did the rest. I feel like that is where I am at now. In a rut and need something to get excited about (my spark). Yes up to me to change that. Just thought it was interesting.
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
f.i.s.h
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I think that's what's amazing about songs. They can freeze a moment (listening to the song will always take you back to that particular moment), and they can mean different things at different times in our lives.

AllieReed
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Yes, I've noticed that with a lot of songs from my childhood.
collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Yes. This song always reminds me of my father driving the car and singing to me:

I burst out singing it every time I hear it to this day. :)

The lady.pirate moo

"The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously."

Glitch202
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes that is interesting.  And yes, as you gain experience thing change for you.  You grow in your experience and wisdom.  But sometimes they change songs that we didn't like too. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)