Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a senior in high school doesn't have to be expensive

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
3 moms liked this
I remember my senior year when my parents were still alive and my little sister started preschool. They paid a lot for professional photography, I rode in a limo for prom and my dress was over $1,000, my prom date (who is now my husband) took me to fancy restaurant afterwards and we stayed in a 5 star hotel. My graduation dress also cost a lot of money as well and my mom and I went to France after I graduated while my sister stayed with my dad. Years later after my parents passed away due to a plane crash on their anniversary trip while she was staying with my husband and I before we had our sons. I have custody of my sister and my husband been supportive and she loves spending time with her nephews. My baby sister is not a baby anymore, she is a gorgeous 17 year old young lady who is graduating next month and she works part time at Walmart. My husband took her senior photos as my husband does freelance photography for extra income and he will take her prom photos. She ordered her prom dress from Wish app for $30 and fits her exactly and she loves it and she used her own money from working. She doesn't have a date and she still going to the prom with her friends and they are going to eat at Steak n Shake afterwards. She wearing mom's dress and dad's cross necklace for graduation and I cried and knowing they will always be in her heart. She wanted to go to Disneyland instead of going to a different country as she is terrified of planes after mom and dad got killed from a plane crash and we are riding the Greyhound bus and use Uber. Her college is paid for from the money left from mom and dad after they deceased. She'll be attending University of Oregon and she wanted to become an elementary school teacher. I'm proud of my hard working, smart, and caring little sister I have and mom and dad would of been proud.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to your sister on graduating high school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:48 PM
What is this gibberish??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:37 AM
Sounds great. Sort of hard to read, but I got the gist.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
This is a really strange humblebrag. Do you really think we needed you to tell us senior year doesn't have to be expensive?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous 5: This is a really strange humblebrag. Do you really think we needed you to tell us senior year doesn't have to be expensive?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Looks more like a brag on her part and a humble sister who got less.

Quoting Anonymous 5: This is a really strange humblebrag. Do you really think we needed you to tell us senior year doesn't have to be expensive?
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:51 AM
Ok this post was pointless. No one cares what your parents did for your senior year or what she's not getting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:52 AM
If my kids are like DH and I, we won't pay anything towards school dances. Lol. Neither one of us had interest in that stuff as teenagers. I didn't cost much as a senior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Even without the extras it's still expensive.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Either did I, I didn't care about any of that crap.

Quoting Anonymous 8: If my kids are like DH and I, we won't pay anything towards school dances. Lol. Neither one of us had interest in that stuff as teenagers. I didn't cost much as a senior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)