Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm done being nice...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

3 years ago I told my ex that I wouldn't change things in our order although it needed to be. By the paper we are 50/50. Since January of 2014 I have had the kids 90%. He takes them every other weekend. This was just the start of issues. He hasn't helped pay for anything school wise, sports wise, or medication in over 3 years. I used to ask him every school break if he wanted more time with the kids. He has never taken me up on it. I even offered to go back to 50/50 in the summer. Nope no interest. This year is the first year I didn't even bother asking. He's never been to conferences. Rarely makes it to any game or program. But I have dealt with all of this for 3 years.

Here recently there have been more action demanding issues. He has recently made a life decision that has affected the kids. Grades are dropping, they've been getting into trouble at school. Attitudes have sky rocketed. And they have started to be bullied due to what he's doing. I have talked to the school counselor and principle. As well as their teachers. All are helping where they can. And I am currently looking to find a more permanent form of therapy as my son will be in middle school next year, and won't be around this counselor.

My last straw, is the living arrangment. He recently moved into an apartment. There are 3 kids, 1 boy, and 2 girls. Boy is 10, girls are 7 and 8. He has them in a 1 bedroom apartment. And not only are the kids sharing this room, and by state standards are to old for boys and girls to be sharing. But the sleeping arrangement is as such. It's a bunkbed, and the girls are on the top bunk and my son and ex share the bottom bunk.

I find this completely inappropriate. And this along with everything else. I'm talking to lawyers, counselors, family. Everyone. I'm ready to fight this. I'm taking custody legally, and going from there.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LDCA617
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM

hopefully things calm down and the kids get back to their sweet selves....   I don't have any expierence or suggestions, but here's a bump

LDCA617
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:03 PM
I doubt he's allowed four people in a one bedroom.
Foxilady
by Nymph on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:04 PM
You should have long ago...
good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:08 PM
The lady in the office told him he didn't have to put them down cause they are not there enough. They are considered visitors.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I doubt he's allowed four people in a one bedroom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:09 PM
After our last go in court, I'm scared it won't be enough. I got screwed last time.

Quoting Foxilady: You should have long ago...
good luck
HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:18 PM
The girls sharing is fine. But a grown man should not be sleeping with a 10 year old boy.
The can get air mattresses or they even sell ottomans that turns into a bed.
Dad can sleep on the couch when the kids are visiting.
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Most states do not dictate at all how many kids can share a room, the age or genders. Hell kids don't have to have a room or even bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:24 PM
Lol unless they are foster kids the state only dictates they have a bed to sleep in.
Dannygirl25
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:35 PM
This. Honestly you sound a bit dramatic and grasping at straws

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol unless they are foster kids the state only dictates they have a bed to sleep in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)