Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitten born with cleft lip

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I am going to bring her to our vet in the morning to see what he says, but until then any advice?

Mom is bonding fine, but I am nervous if baby will be able nurse. I have been watching on and off with giving her space, but I'm wondering if I should get a bottle and kitten formula as back up in case. Any chance you've experienced an animal with cleft lip/palate?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:45 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Send a message to the people from Mia's.   They are fabulous at providing resources & information and have a HUGE network of people who deal with pets with cleft pallette.  That baby is going to need help quickly to be able to feed properly.   They may have someone willing to come pick it up and tube feed as necessary til it can be seen by a vet that specailizes because not a lot of vets deal with clefts.

https://www.facebook.com/LoveForMiaCleftPalateChihuahua/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM
Thank you very much!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Send a message to the people from Mia's.   They are fabulous at providing resources & information and have a HUGE network of people who deal with pets with cleft pallette.  That baby is going to need help quickly to be able to feed properly.   They may have someone willing to come pick it up and tube feed as necessary til it can be seen by a vet that specailizes because not a lot of vets deal with clefts.

https://www.facebook.com/LoveForMiaCleftPalateChihuahua/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)