Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure how true this actually is...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
But a new study has been shown that more than 1-5 people have the HPV virus, and they (I'm assuming Dr's) are urging parents to get their children vaccinated.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Blah blah blah blah
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM
I believe it. Many people who carry the virus are asymptotic.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:56 PM
A large portion of the population has it. It's dormant in most people. It can remain dormant your entire life.

I'm still not convinced on the track record of the vaccine. I'm not anti-vaxx at all, but cautious in new ones.
Blackburn3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM
Well considering there is over a hundred different strains of HPV and the vaccine only covers 4 strains and the vaccine hasn't been tested enough and the side effects can be devastating as infertility. No thank you and I am no way anti-vaccine but none of my kids are getting this one especially when my pediatrician won't even get the vaccine to her own children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:57 PM
It was just something I heard on the radio news..

Quoting Libby22: I believe it. Many people who carry the virus are asymptotic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:59 PM
The guy on the radio that was reading the news, was saying everyone should ask their Dr. and tell them you want to be tested..

Quoting smorgan865: A large portion of the population has it. It's dormant in most people. It can remain dormant your entire life.

I'm still not convinced on the track record of the vaccine. I'm not anti-vaxx at all, but cautious in new ones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:59 PM
Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other people don't

Quoting Anonymous 2: Blah blah blah blah
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:00 PM
I had HPV. Had to get cryo treatments. Not something I'd want my child to have to go through/fear unless necessary. I mean I don't know the pros vs cons of it, if there are any.

My SO has to think about this for his triplets. He's undecided right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM
Interesting. Didn't know all that. And interesting that your Dr declines it for her own child(ren)

Quoting Blackburn3: Well considering there is over a hundred different strains of HPV and the vaccine only covers 4 strains and the vaccine hasn't been tested enough and the side effects can be devastating as infertility. No thank you and I am no way anti-vaccine but none of my kids are getting this one especially when my pediatrician won't even get the vaccine to her own children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:02 PM
The vaccine is controversial, so now there are all these "studies".

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other people don't

Quoting Anonymous 2: Blah blah blah blah
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)