Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is too much homework

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
I understand finishing a project over spring break or a reading assignment but
Math
50 math questions a day online
Social studies
Outline each section in chapter 10
Write the definition for vocabulary
Section questions
Chapter test
Science
Same thing but chapter 13
Reading/Writing
Type a 10 page 12 font single space short story

I am sorry that is too much work for a fourth grader over Spring break and none of the other fourth grade teachers assigned that much work. We are suppose to be camping Wednesday to Saturday.
DS has a sub for the rest of the school year. She only started at the beginning of the month.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

eh your reasoning of it's too much work is why China is overtaking evrything , their kids are not babied .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Looks good to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:14 PM
7 moms liked this
Kids aren't allowed to be kids these days.
It's sad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Your point is? China has a one child law and many kids are abandoned.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

eh your reasoning of it's too much work is why China is overtaking evrything , their kids are not babied .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:18 PM

My point is clear .

Quoting Anonymous 1: Your point is? China has a one child law and many kids are abandoned.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:18 PM
This s my kid to be at a computer everyday during the week. Some people travel for the holidays.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Looks good to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:20 PM
9 moms liked this
A 10 page paper for a 4th grader is ridiculous. Homework has been proven to have no benefit until about the 7th grade. Giving HW during a school vacation is unproductive. Teachers are not expected to work during the school vacation. Children shouldn't be either.

I am a HS teacher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:21 PM
Well except the math I don't see any of it interfering with your plans. As far as math maybe talk with the teacher to see if he can complete extra problems so the day you travel is covered. If not well most campsites have WiFi.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:24 PM
Umm no wrong there my kids spring break is this fri to next mon 4 days do you see me bitching???? Get over yourself, no not to much your coddleing them,

Quoting Anonymous 1: This s my kid to be at a computer everyday during the week. Some people travel for the holidays.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Looks good to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:24 PM
5 moms liked this
Absolutely not true. In other countries only the elite are educated. In America all children are educated. So you're comparing the most elite students against our average. Skewed statistics

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)