Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell was the damn point?!?!?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies

My MIL and FIL drove up here from the south to help DH with the kids while i was in the hospital having our DD DH works weird hours and our youngest two aren't in school yet so we needed someone to watch the younger two while he was at work, i went into the hospital on Friday had our DD via C-Section and i got out today.. well tonight they told DH they are leaving around 5am on Tuesday.... they were suppose to stay till at least Thursday when Easter break started so i didn't have to worry about driving my oldest DS to and from school cause i am not allow to drive for up 6 weeks and after Easter Break my mother would of been in town to take over the driving part and helping somewhat around the house with things i can't do yet, I'm just trying to figure out what the damn point of them even driving up here was? I mean they came up here up us out when i got out of the hospital for at least a week not just when i was in the hospital. so now i have to find a way to get my son to and from school for the rest of the week cause DH will be at work... and the only thing i can think of is actually pile all my kids in the van and drive him :( they just fucked us over and DH doesn't seem to even care that i will forced to drive days after i get out the hospital 

UGH sorry i just needed to vent cause i am so damn pissed right now

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
They wanted to see the new baby, not help. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop being a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:08 PM
8 moms liked this
Can you call one of the other moms at the school and ask for a ride? Even offer them gas money if you're out of the way. Hell if any mom called me in that situation I'd go get the kid for a few days.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:08 PM
Doesn't sound like they came to help out. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM
5 moms liked this
You can drive. Seriously. You're a grown woman with multiple kids. This shouldn't be this complicated.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:11 PM
So sorry. Try to contact the other parents. Ask neighbors. People from church or other groups.

My grandmother came up for a week and left after a couple days. My mom was here for the whole week, though.
merrysgirls
by Lame on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:12 PM
See if your mom can come up early.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe they realized they are not up for watching the younger kids? Or it was simply too much?  I would ask them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
If you can't find anyone, then maybe call the school and explain your situation. I'm sure they can find a teacher or someone to give him a ride. What grade is he in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
They wanted to see the baby. Why do moms these days feel like they need help with a new baby? You'll be fine and tell your DH to take off work if you need help. I had 4 babies back to back (all c-sections) and lived in another country and managed just fine. When I needed help I asked friends and neighbors. It's not rocket science.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)