Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have been slacking I haven't come up with any thoughts ideas or plans for Easter. My child is 7 going on 8 usually every year I have gone to an egg hunt at my friend's house but her kids are older now and they won't be doing that anymore.
And going to the public egg hunts around me might be okay but the prizes in the goodies and whatnot usually are more and for three and four year olds. So I am looking for ideas of what I can do to make my child's Easter special. I could do a hunt at home but I'm not really sure what to do for it or how to do it since he is getting a little bit older you know and now it will be just him. But i dont want to just give him a basket. I want something special like a hunt. I'm just not quite sure what to do to make it special for him to be honest. Any thoughts, ideas what are you guys doing for slightly older kids?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:14 PM
Bump
AveragePuck
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Glow in the dark eggs for a hunt at night
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Put out an empty basket with a note that all of his treats are in the eggs hidden around the house/outside.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:18 PM
I'd look into the egg hunts in your area. They might be nice. They go up to age 9 here and it is a great event. Eggs contain name brand candy and raffle tickets towards gift cards and stuff.
HotJerZMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM
This- OR- hide clues in the eggs of where to find his basket. Start with one egg that's easy to find- give him a clue for where the next egg is and so on. For the last egg give a clue for the basket that's filled with toys and candy.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10: Put out an empty basket with a note that all of his treats are in the eggs hidden around the house/outside.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:10 PM

I would see about other friends if they would like to come over. My girls are 7 & 9 going on 20 at the moment. ust the 9 year old who wants nothing to do with egg hunts. Her bff of the weeks/month/day is having a big thing with her family and invited odd who knows it's family day no exceptions. So she's being a drama queen about how we never let her do anything, how all her friends are going (they're not), how family is boring. We thought of letting her go until she decided to be a teenager lol. I saw a suggestion about a pinata so I might do that. I always have a ton of crap I can put in them. Kids always hand me their small toys and prizes and forget about them so I keep them until it's time for a pinata lol. Don't know about an egg hunt though if we do it'll be inside most likely. It's supposed to be hot and with long thick hair and the sun it's not a pretty picture :P. Maybe plastic eggs with candy and small toys if we don't do the pinata.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:12 PM
I don't know ds is 8 and he texted my mil and they planned a while day of stuff. I'm just showing up and bringing the eggs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:23 PM
We don't have any little ones anymore but we still like to dye Easter eggs. so we play Easter egg baseball instead. We get a couple of bats and take turns batting. My front yard looks like the Easter bunny threw up all over it by the time we are done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 12, 2017 at 9:38 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)