Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not fat!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant and my mom keeps calling me fat. I already have issues with my body because I have a lot of stretch marks. I'm 5"5' and weighed 135 pre pregnancy and weigh 165 now. I can't help how much I gain. I walk everyday, eat healthy, I don't even drink soda or eat/drink any dairy product. Its kissing me off she calls me this in front of my kids and tells them I'm fat. They luckily say no, mommy's pregnant. Would this piss you off? Am I being sensitive? My Dr said my weight is fine
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM
4 moms liked this
Tell her when she can watch her damn mouth she can come back around and until then... BYE.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM
I would ask her to leave and only contact me again if she could be respectful after I've made it so clear that her remarks are insulting and ignorant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Your mom must have serious body issues. What was that like as a teenager?

I'd be pissed off and would tell her to stop saying it or stop seeing me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Why do you keep letting her around? Freeze her out until she checks her behavior. She'll either get the hint and be nicer, or stay away and you'll be free from her crap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:18 PM
It would piss me off so much I'd tell my mother she wasn't welcome in my home until some time after the baby was born. There would be no contact of any type.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Today I did. I'm so tired of hearing it

Quoting Danesmommy1: Tell her when she can watch her damn mouth she can come back around and until then... BYE.
crowdsourcerer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM

Quoting Littlebunnyfufu: I would ask her to leave and only contact me again if she could be respectful after I've made it so clear that her remarks are insulting and ignorant.

This. Said respectfully. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:19 PM
I was at her house. I got my kids and left

Quoting Littlebunnyfufu: I would ask her to leave and only contact me again if she could be respectful after I've made it so clear that her remarks are insulting and ignorant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM
She never said anything about my body as a teen

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your mom must have serious body issues. What was that like as a teenager?

I'd be pissed off and would tell her to stop saying it or stop seeing me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM
She says she's joking

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why do you keep letting her around? Freeze her out until she checks her behavior. She'll either get the hint and be nicer, or stay away and you'll be free from her crap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)