Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it's possible that an only child would be happier without having siblings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
Because they get more attention, money, ect
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:47 PM

I am an only child and none of that mattered to me in the slightest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:48 PM
My cousin is an only child. He hates it.
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Reasons may vary but yes, they could. I was an only child for ten years and had a great time, I never really thought about wanting siblings. I had my own stuff, my own room, clothes, toys, etc. Nothing negative about it.
RonaH
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:50 PM
My daughter is an only child she seems very happy about it.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is adamant that she is so thankful to be an only child, lol.
HotJerZMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
My son seems to enjoy being an only child. There's positives and negatives for onlies or siblings. I don't think either is better or worse, just different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:52 PM
Ds is an only child and had on occasion expressed he'd like a brother. I tell him what it would be like to have a baby in the house and he's goes oh yeah nevermind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:52 PM
My daughter is an only child, we don't spoil her overly with material things just because she's our only one though. She's fine with things the way they are. Sometimes I feel guilty though.
Shadowgirl113
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM
I grew up as an older child despite having a half brother and half sister who were much older.

I didn't really think about it much when I was growing up because I knew it wouldn't happen. I do wish I had someone I was close with now, but it is what it is.

Dd7 loves her new baby sister... but just wait until she's of dating age and I tell her "take your sister." Muhaha. Of course then they'll bond over "don't tell mom"s 😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 10, 2017 at 10:54 PM
My dd is 7 and wishes she was an only child. I have 4 kids, her dad only has her and she prefers being over there. It sucks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)