Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she got suspended

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 129 Replies

for calling the police on the school. my dd.....she got suspended for that.....there was a mother dog and her puppies in a large planter box. my dd called me and said she wanted to take the mama dog and puppies to the house which was across the street more or less. I said it was fine, school didn't start for another 20 minutes and she would have made it with plenty of time. after she hung up with me and started gathering the puppies, the principal told her no and told the janitor to put them in the hot water heater closet until animal control arrived. this room is obviously hot and dogs have died in there. my dd said she is either taking them or she's calling the police for animal cruelty. they still wouldn't let her. she recorded them putting the dogs in the closet and then called the cops. she is now suspended and the district is now looking into the whole thing.

the dogs still ended up at the house anyway. the police allowed her to take them to our yard and return to school. when the puppies are weaned the shelter is letting us take whichever one we want for free since dd saved them.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for your daughter. I would fight the school on the suspicion. What did the police say to them putting the dogs in the hot water heater closet?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

the janitor and principal have to go to court for a hearing on animal cruelty. idk more than that.

Quoting mommyof11050307: Good for your daughter. I would fight the school on the suspicion. What did the police say to them putting the dogs in the hot water heater closet?

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM

What is the actual reason listed for the suspension?   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM

"insubordination" 

Quoting KenneMaw:

What is the actual reason listed for the suspension?   

OhSara87
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow good for your daughter for sticking up for those pups and the mom
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Good that'll help you when you go above the assholes head and get the suspicion removed from her record.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

the janitor and principal have to go to court for a hearing on animal cruelty. idk more than that.

Quoting mommyof11050307: Good for your daughter. I would fight the school on the suspicion. What did the police say to them putting the dogs in the hot water heater closet?

cali_gurl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Haha! That's awesome.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:16 PM
4 moms liked this
This is so weird. Why would you let her pick up a strange dog and her puppies? Why did she have to move them? Why were there previous dogs locked in a closet at her school? Why didn't you just call the SPCA yourself and have them come?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM

it should be obvious why she had to move them. and the spca would have taken hours as they pick up other animals as well. either the dogs stayed in the closet or dd took them to the house and called the spca when she got home.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: This is so weird. Why would you let her pick up a strange dog and her puppies? Why did she have to move them? Why were there previous dogs locked in a closet at her school? Why didn't you just call the SPCA yourself and have them come?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Quoting OhSara87: Wow good for your daughter for sticking up for those pups and the mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN