Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a stupid gift they gave my son - my kid is not genderless

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is the gift my SIL gave my 2 year old on his birthday last weekend. She's been on not assigning stereotyical colors to her children. I think this is a bit far, I'm guessing she purposely brought these to prove a point. DS does have a lot of blue stuff and there isn't anything pink in sight, I don't know really, I just buy what I like while he is so small. If he liked them I'd buy them for him but he's so young and doesn't have a preference yet so it seems stupid to purposely buy pajamas that are aimed at girls. 

I just returned them and dread the day she asks about them or wants to see him in them.

Would you have kept them?

ETA - I did screenshot these from their website. I took them back and didn't have them to take a picture.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM
Replies (211-213):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 12:24 AM

I had someone who thought I was having a girl back when I was pregnant and sent me a pink onesie set. I put them on DS, took pics, and then returned the items. No harm, no foul. She was an elderly relative that didn't remember I was having a boy. She has since passed on and ds wasn't harmed in wearing it. 

I would've just returned them if I were you and if she asks about it later on, just say they were really cute and he has since outgrown it. 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pround to say that my son took after his mom on this, he detested pink as much as I did.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:28 AM
Hey I'm all for little boys wearing pink, like a pink polo or shirt it can look cute, but not something that girlish pink like those pjs!!! She's obviously trying to make a point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN