Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a stupid gift they gave my son - my kid is not genderless

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is the gift my SIL gave my 2 year old on his birthday last weekend. She's been on not assigning stereotyical colors to her children. I think this is a bit far, I'm guessing she purposely brought these to prove a point. DS does have a lot of blue stuff and there isn't anything pink in sight, I don't know really, I just buy what I like while he is so small. If he liked them I'd buy them for him but he's so young and doesn't have a preference yet so it seems stupid to purposely buy pajamas that are aimed at girls. 

I just returned them and dread the day she asks about them or wants to see him in them.

Would you have kept them?

ETA - I did screenshot these from their website. I took them back and didn't have them to take a picture.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM
Replies (211-216):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 12:24 AM

I had someone who thought I was having a girl back when I was pregnant and sent me a pink onesie set. I put them on DS, took pics, and then returned the items. No harm, no foul. She was an elderly relative that didn't remember I was having a boy. She has since passed on and ds wasn't harmed in wearing it. 

I would've just returned them if I were you and if she asks about it later on, just say they were really cute and he has since outgrown it. 

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pround to say that my son took after his mom on this, he detested pink as much as I did.

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Apr. 23, 2017 at 1:28 AM
Hey I'm all for little boys wearing pink, like a pink polo or shirt it can look cute, but not something that girlish pink like those pjs!!! She's obviously trying to make a point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Apr. 25, 2017 at 12:36 PM
I wouldn't worry about hurting her feelings. What a stupid gift and her reasoning is even more so.
ceejaysmama19
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 8:28 PM
I would tell her if she asks that they were too small so you brought them back and had him pick out the pjs he wanted. That way yes it's a small lie but hopefully she doesn't get offended and by saying he picked them out it's him choosing the clothing not you.
dakkie
by Member on Apr. 27, 2017 at 3:14 PM
I would not put that on a boy she is dumb. Unless she is color blind and don't know it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)