Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone just paid for my dinner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
22 moms liked this
Was at IHOP with my two toddlers and my ds was looking at the menu and it had a world map on it and was asking where dh was. He's deployed and I was pointing it out and apparently the man four booths over had heard us and paid for our meal when he left. We hadn't even recieved our food yet but the waitress came and told me after he left. Made me cry. It was a nice reminder that people can be kind for no reason.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nassivera
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM
that's sweet :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM

That's really nice. Pay it forward if you can. :-) 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM

Thats very nice. You must have been talking really loud for him to hear you though, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It was so unexpected and nice and it made me cry.

Quoting nassivera: that's sweet :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope was just an empty restaurant. That's how I know it was him because it was my family and him in the middle of the restaurant and another older couple st the ther end of the place. Was very quiet and just used my normal speaking voice.

Quoting Sassy762:

Thats very nice. You must have been talking really loud for him to hear you though, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this
This is something minor but I bought someone some groceries like 10$ worth this week because they had forgotten their card and I just added it to my total. Guess good karma was coming back my way

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's really nice. Pay it forward if you can. :-) 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:36 PM

The IHOPS Ive been to have always been very full and loud. I refuse to go there anymore. Im glad he did that for your family, it was a very nice gesture

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope was just an empty restaurant. That's how I know it was him because it was my family and him in the middle of the restaurant and another older couple st the ther end of the place. Was very quiet and just used my normal speaking voice.
Quoting Sassy762:

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM
Awesome! I've had people pay for my coffee in the drive through before. It really does make your day.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM

That was sweet and kind. I am glad that happened for your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2017 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Awe, not only did he honor your husband's service, he taught your children a lesson in kindness and respect...

Very nice..  we need more people like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN