Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I blame Trump for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

On April 2nd I ordered a pretty dress off Amazon for my DD to wear for Easter.  It has never arrived.

I didn't notice it wasn't prime until after I ordered it and noticed the estimated arrival date: April 7th to 17th.  Turns out I ordered the dress from a company in Bangladesh.  It's being shipped through China Post.

It still has not arrived! I had to buy my DD another dress for Easter.

I notified the company and they returned my S&H fees and will allow me to return the dress once I receive it.  They told me it was being held up at Kennedy airport.  I'm assuming it's held up in customs.

Somehow I just know this is Trump's fault.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM

I might keep the dress.  It's not very expensive. She can wear it to church and on her birthday.

Snoeblind
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Seriously. Do you have any idea how customs works? Do you know how many hours I've spent in my life talking with custom agents trying track down, find and get something released because our production department needed parts for upcoming orders. Customs is a nightmare. Oh... and my cable Went out yesterday. Pretty sure is was a government thing preventing me from watching the news.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Sure, why not? He's a bloated piece of shit anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM

No...trump has nothing to do with how slow customs is and has always been

Are you new to the world?? If you buy something from overseas it takes FOREVER to get delivered

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM

You never know.  I could see the gov't trying to hide the news.  They are already making us doubt it.

Quoting Snoeblind: Seriously. Do you have any idea how customs works? Do you know how many hours I've spent in my life talking with custom agents trying track down, find and get something released because our production department needed parts for upcoming orders. Customs is a nightmare. Oh... and my cable Went out yesterday. Pretty sure is was a government thing preventing me from watching the news.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Or you could read when you buy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:14 AM

I usually just order things from Payless, JC penny, and Amazon Prime.  I did buy something around Christmas time from Israel.  I ended up giving it to my DD for Valentine's Day.

I had also bought her a pair of high heel shoes at the same time I bought the dress.  It has an arrival date sometime the end of May.  

I will be more careful in the future before I place an order on Amazon!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No...trump has nothing to do with how slow customs is and has always beenAre you new to the world?? If you buy something from overseas it takes FOREVER to get delivered

Johnsmom5892
by Donna on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:15 AM
I ordered a bra and it took 4 weeks from China. Has nothing to do with Trump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Thanks!

I'm thinking customs may have slowed down due to officers being redirected to harass visitors, er I mean interviewing travels to our great nation.  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Sure, why not? He's a bloated piece of shit anyway.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM

They're inspecting each and every Presidential butt-plug that's imported from Russia to make sure Trump doesn't get an actual real bomb with his butt-rocket.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thanks!

I'm thinking customs may have slowed down due to officers being redirected to harass visitors, er I mean interviewing travels to our great nation.  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN