Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS 16 ruined his whole life by getting married when the baby probaby isnt even his!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DS came to me and told me today that he got married. A few weeks ago he told us he might have got a girl pregnant. He had slept with her once but she had a boyfriend. The boyfriend found out and left her now she is "100% sure" DS is the father

DS might be the father. At this point we have no way to know. This girl keeps changing how far along she is. For all we know she isnt even pregnant. Her parents refuse to talk to us about it. 

DS and her cant even remember exactly when they had sex. They used a condom and so chances are it inst my son which is exactly what I told him. (She had regular unprotected sex with her boyfriend) 

When DS told my ex my ex thought it was great! He thought it was amazing that there would be another addition to the family. His reaction alone made me cringe. 

DS said he was going to kinda keep his distance until he knows for sure he is the father. Well I guess that changed because they decided to get married. I have a feeling that my ex pushed for it. He did the same when I got pregnant with DS and I refused to marry him. He feels like parents should always be married. He told DS that his kid would be better off in a home where his/her parents are together and in love

Now I could understand that more IF my son and this girl were together. They have never even gone on a date before. They hardly know each other. The whole thing is just so crazy. I fell like I am in a crazy dream. 

DS doesnt even know he is the father. The chances are against him and even if he is that doesnt mean they should get married just because. 

I thought both parents had to sign off to get married but nope, here in Nevada you only need one. I had to verify with my lawyer that it was true because I just couldnt believe it

I dont even know where to go from here. His plans are for him and her to live with my ex. I doubt he will last long living with his dad full time though.  When the baby comes he will legally be the father no matter what, even if the baby isnt biologically his. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Replies (71-78):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 4, 2017 at 9:55 AM
Please stop acting ignorant. Maybe you should realize what you speak about

Quoting Anonymous 3: You do realize different states have different rules about who has to be on the birth certificate hun.

Quoting Anonymous 11: You're not making any sense. Put the pipe down. And trap a man lmao hun, I am going on 16 yrs of marriage.

Anyone who can read can see it clearly see that it says anon 11. So can you not read. I guess you do know stupid .

If you are married he is automatically added to the birth certificate as father . You can't seriously be this stupid

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're not that memorably annon. And yes a man doesnt have to be on the birth cert. By vurture of marriage. But if you trapped a guy that way good on ya.

Quoting Anonymous 11: Neither do I. Apparently you do know perfectly well about stupid since you can't tell the difference between op and anon 11 and op doesn't have a pregnant teen either

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well I don't have an ex or a pregnant teen so yes

Quoting Anonymous 11: You would know about stupid wouldn't you.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Only if you're stupid...oh wait

Quoting Anonymous 11: Yes

Quoting Anonymous 3: Nope

Quoting Anonymous 11: If you're married the husband is automatic the father and added to the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 3: He doesnt have to have his name put on the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 11: They're married . He doesn't have to sign the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 3: Most likely you're right. I'd tell him not to sign the birth certificate until its proven

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yep. He doesnt even understand that. Even if they prove the baby isnt his he is stuck paying child support no matter what. I am worried that her and her ex will get back together when the baby is born and be a "happy family" and DS will still have to be paying child support

Quoting Anonymous 3: Perfect now that they are married he will have to pay child support reguardless of if hes the father or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Sage advice for yourself. Try google its handy

Quoting Anonymous 11: Please stop acting ignorant. Maybe you should realize what you speak about

Quoting Anonymous 3: You do realize different states have different rules about who has to be on the birth certificate hun.

Quoting Anonymous 11: You're not making any sense. Put the pipe down. And trap a man lmao hun, I am going on 16 yrs of marriage.

Anyone who can read can see it clearly see that it says anon 11. So can you not read. I guess you do know stupid .

If you are married he is automatically added to the birth certificate as father . You can't seriously be this stupid

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're not that memorably annon. And yes a man doesnt have to be on the birth cert. By vurture of marriage. But if you trapped a guy that way good on ya.

Quoting Anonymous 11: Neither do I. Apparently you do know perfectly well about stupid since you can't tell the difference between op and anon 11 and op doesn't have a pregnant teen either

Quoting Anonymous 11: If you're married the husband is automatic the father and added to the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 3: He doesnt have to have his name put on the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 11: They're married . He doesn't have to sign the birth certificate

Quoting Anonymous 3: Most likely you're right. I'd tell him not to sign the birth certificate until its proven

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yep. He doesnt even understand that. Even if they prove the baby isnt his he is stuck paying child support no matter what. I am worried that her and her ex will get back together when the baby is born and be a "happy family" and DS will still have to be paying child support

Quoting Anonymous 3: Perfect now that they are married he will have to pay child support reguardless of if hes the father or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 4, 2017 at 9:58 AM

If this is in fact true, go get a lawyer now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2017 at 9:58 AM

A lawyer cant do anything for me

Quoting Anonymous 14:

If this is in fact true, go get a lawyer now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on May. 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM

Your son can refuse to sign the bc until a dna test is done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM
Try reading op clearly stated early on in this post that that is how it is in her state. You know where the person this post refers to lives.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sage advice for yourself. Try google its handy

Quoting Anonymous 11: Please stop acting ignorant. Maybe you should realize what you speak about

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2017 at 10:01 AM

That wont matter. They are legally married. He is the father no matter what. Even if the child is proven to not be biologically his

Quoting Anonymous 15:

Your son can refuse to sign the bc until a dna test is done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2017 at 10:04 AM
You take cafemom way to seriously yo. This day job as cafemom hall monitor must be fullfilling.

Quoting Anonymous 11: Try reading op clearly stated early on in this post that that is how it is in her state. You know where the person this post refers to lives.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sage advice for yourself. Try google its handy

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN