Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B**** at the grocery - what would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

At the grocery this moring, I had unloaded all my items onto the conveyer belt.  They were a little spaced out, but there was no one behind us at the time and the cashier hadn't moved the belt up all the way so there was about a foot of unoccupied space nearest the cashier.

A woman came up behind me and said "Do you mind if I move some of this stuff up so I can put down my things?"

I of course say "Oh sure" and take the one step over to get to the end of our things, grab a separator and as I go to move my stuff, she shoves all of our items together (we had all our soft stuff at the end, so bread and chips). I muttered "Well I was going to move it, jeez" and she just snottily said "Thank you."

Now I know she said "Do you mind if I move your stuff" but in the past people really mean "Would you mind moving some of your stuff" and she didn't have to mutilate everything!

Also, not sure if it matters but she had 3 items, so it wasn't anything she couldn't have held.  A loaf of bread, two tomatoes in a bag and a head of lettuce.

What would you have said and done?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Replies (131-136):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Apr. 22, 2017 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
😃

Quoting Ivoryhoney:

LOL Fair enough.

Quoting Anonymous 48: It would have been a WASTE.
A waist is a part of your body.

Quoting Ivoryhoney:

Exactly what you did and said was right. Anything more than that would have been a waist. Can't let people like that affect your day.

violetstar20
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Ugh, some people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Apr. 22, 2017 at 1:34 PM

nothing. I know it may sound shocking to you but it's entirely possible to ignore rude behavior rather than return it with you own.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Apr. 22, 2017 at 1:37 PM
I would have said yes I would mind if YOU move my stuff but I am more than willing to move then so there is room for you. But i hate when people do that shit. Its a pet peeve of mine.
babygirl4326
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2017 at 1:40 PM
I agree, people get shot or even killed over little things like this.

Quoting K3412:

Nothing. It's not worth engaging in something like that with a stranger.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Apr. 22, 2017 at 7:57 PM

I would have had some smart ass remark for her, I'm sure. What a B.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN