Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child plays with dolls

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM
  • 40 Replies
Especially if they're American girl or similar, please please please share with me their play area. That's basically the only toy my daughter is interested in, so she has quite a bit of it. I feel like there has to be a better (and cuter) way to organize and keep everything together.

Yes, I have googled it myself lol. All I get are American girl play sets or photos of elaborate set ups where an entire room is dedicated to doll stuff, which isn't an option for us. I'm looking for tips on how to let her keep her stuff and make it fit into a small space. Right now it's all in plastic bins (one for clothes, one for toy food and so on) but it is taking up way too much floor space that way.
by on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by Bonbon Eater on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM
I buy the under the bed storage totes and she would organize the clothes for the American girl doll in those. She never wanted the play sets, just the clothes. But then again, all she would do is dress her and brush her hair and put her on a doll stand in her room.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:31 AM
My daughter has a Bitty Baby by American Girl and I keep the clothes and accessories in a wicker basket. She has the stroller that stays in the playroom.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM
My daughter has the kitchen, table/chairs and beds for them. She plays with them the way when I was a kid girls played with a barbies, makes them talk and such. It is the clothes and accessories I need a new way to store though. I like the under the bed idea. I just think it would be better to somehow have them still out for easy access since she plays with them often.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I will keep it in mind.

Quoting mary716: I buy the under the bed storage totes and she would organize the clothes for the American girl doll in those. She never wanted the play sets, just the clothes. But then again, all she would do is dress her and brush her hair and put her on a doll stand in her room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
DD keeps all of her American Girl dolls on a closet shelf.
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

DD has a standup shelf with pull out bins that she keeps clothing and little stuff in. She doesn't have much of the bigger stuff yet, except a car and scooter which go in her closet. I added a pic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM
We made a platform in the playroom and arranged it like a room. My dad made a wardrobe for the clothes, shoes and accessories. She had a crib next to her bed and she chose one girl to sleep there every night.
ineffable
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My daughter has a loft bed, so everything is under it all set up.

This isnth exact bed she had and yes, she has an almost replica of it for her AGDs...lol

mary716
by Bonbon Eater on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM
My kid is weird lol she loves dolls and barbies but never actually played with them, they were more for show for her.

Quoting CheerioHolder: My daughter has the kitchen, table/chairs and beds for them. She plays with them the way when I was a kid girls played with a barbies, makes them talk and such. It is the clothes and accessories I need a new way to store though. I like the under the bed idea. I just think it would be better to somehow have them still out for easy access since she plays with them often.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I will keep it in mind.

Quoting mary716: I buy the under the bed storage totes and she would organize the clothes for the American girl doll in those. She never wanted the play sets, just the clothes. But then again, all she would do is dress her and brush her hair and put her on a doll stand in her room.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM
Something I have been considering for a long time is taking the bars out of her closet an adding shelving for toy storage. She only has her nicer dresses hanging up, which could go in my closet, the rest of her clothing is in a dresser.

Quoting Anonymous 1: DD keeps all of her American Girl dolls on a closet shelf.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 12:36 PM
I really like that. I was sort of thinking about doing something similar, but just adding shelving in her closet to store the bins she already has everything in. This would be easier lol.

Where did you buy this shelf and was it reasonably priced?

Quoting Mom-to-2kids:

Mobile Photo

DD has a standup shelf with pull out bins that she keeps clothing and little stuff in. She doesn't have much of the bigger stuff yet, except a car and scooter which go in her closet. I added a pic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)