Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You really can use food stamps to buy starbucks!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I went  to King Soopers this morning and thought I would try it. I had a coupon for $1 tea. I rang it up no problem. 

This is crazy. I cant believe they would allow that. I am on food stamps because I am having a hard time. I got a second job just so I could help out even more. We will be off of them by next month. I always tried to buy healthy food I could save a little money on because I never wanted to take advantage of it. 

The fact that you can get yourself expensive coffee and treats is horrible. 

I only did it to see if the other post was true 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I don't think you can do that where I live. You can buy pet food if it's put in the system as grocery though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM
Personally I don't give a shit what anyone on food stamps buys. It's not like they get more money if they use all theirs on junk. So who cares???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Exactly. I don't know why anyone would care, unless it was they themselves who blew their food money on Frappuccinos and coke.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Personally I don't give a shit what anyone on food stamps buys. It's not like they get more money if they use all theirs on junk. So who cares???
krisnkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM

So glad that I was able to pay for your tea this morning. You're welcome.

Southe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Damn idiots waste their food stamps. But that's not my problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM

I would have paid for it in cash but I was curious to see if you could use FS like the other post yesterday was saying 

Quoting krisnkids:

So glad that I was able to pay for your tea this morning. You're welcome.

tsatske2
by Latricia on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I never thought about that, but there's a pizza place here, Papa Murphys, that sells you the pizza raw to take home and put in your own oven, you can use fs on them. The rule here is that you can't buy hot cooked food, and Starbucks isn't that, so why not? You can buy seeds, which I think is a smart thing to do.

YUM corporation has sued in my city to be allowed to accept fs (taco bell, KFC). They say it discriminates against homeless people and older and handicapped people that can't cook for themselves, not to be able to buy hot and ready food. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM

I was curious to see if the other post was true and if you could actually buy starbucks with it. 

Quoting Southe: Damn idiots waste their food stamps. But that's not my problem.

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Is king soopers a grocery store ? Were you buying from the grocery store , or Starbucks itself ? ( lThey made the drink for you ?)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:54 AM

It is a Kroger store. It was a starbucks in the grocery store. The people at starbucks made the drink for me

Quoting jjessers: Is king soopers a grocery store ? Were you buying from the grocery store , or Starbucks itself ? ( lThey made the drink for you ?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN