Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You really can use food stamps to buy starbucks!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I went  to King Soopers this morning and thought I would try it. I had a coupon for $1 tea. I rang it up no problem. 

This is crazy. I cant believe they would allow that. I am on food stamps because I am having a hard time. I got a second job just so I could help out even more. We will be off of them by next month. I always tried to buy healthy food I could save a little money on because I never wanted to take advantage of it. 

The fact that you can get yourself expensive coffee and treats is horrible. 

I only did it to see if the other post was true 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Replies (51-57):
sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM
I believe it only works because it's in a grocery store.
iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM
That's not true. Many people who qualify for food stamps work. Try again, anon.

Quoting Anonymous 16: The difference? Those on FS are part of the 50% of people not paying federal income taxes.

Quoting iwicked: I could care less what people use for food stamps for. Like it or not most people in this country get government hand outs in one way or another. Be it food stamps, tax credits, student aid for college, howe owner exemptions, etc. Quit bitching about the poor. Woory about corporate welfare.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM
You are so pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I went  to King Soopers this morning and thought I would try it. I had a coupon for $1 tea. I rang it up no problem. 

This is crazy. I cant believe they would allow that. I am on food stamps because I am having a hard time. I got a second job just so I could help out even more. We will be off of them by next month. I always tried to buy healthy food I could save a little money on because I never wanted to take advantage of it. 

The fact that you can get yourself expensive coffee and treats is horrible. 

I only did it to see if the other post was true 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Lol,you don't get it, they end up getting ALL their money back. So no, in the end they don't pay taxes.

That said, Idc if they get a treat once in awhile, plus homeless people need to eat and drink too.

Quoting iwicked: That's not true. Many people who qualify for food stamps work. Try again, anon.

Quoting Anonymous 16: The difference? Those on FS are part of the 50% of people not paying federal income taxes.

Quoting iwicked: I could care less what people use for food stamps for. Like it or not most people in this country get government hand outs in one way or another. Be it food stamps, tax credits, student aid for college, howe owner exemptions, etc. Quit bitching about the poor. Woory about corporate welfare.
Ivoryhoney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 6:12 PM

I had foodstamps for 2 years a long time ago and wasn't able to use them any place like that. It was in California and then in Idaho.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 6:44 PM
Employment is no guarantee of paying taxes.

I don't need to "try again", as I'm the only one of us with a modicum of tax code knowledge.

Quoting iwicked: That's not true. Many people who qualify for food stamps work. Try again, anon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 7:38 PM

Sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)