Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE f'ing family bombshell!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 229 Replies
1 mom liked this
So, my sister just got married last August. They have dated however for almost 5 years. They have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. He had 2 kids from a previous relationship who are now 12 and 16. The mother is not involved and he has sole custody. He and my sister moved in together very shortly after they started dating- in a house she pays for (because he doesn't work, he collects disability. That's the only contribution he makes financially while my sister busts her ass to provide for everyone). Anyway, when they first got together she noticed that his oldest- a 12 year old daughter at the time, would spend a lot of time at her grandma's trailor park and the grandma would let her run around unsupervised. My Sister thought this was a bad idea, as we all did but she felt like it wasn't her place to say anything. Even after they lived together and the girl lived under my sister's roof she wouldn't say much and when she did she was shut down by the girls father and grandma saying she was responsible and wouldn't get into drugs or any other trouble. Well, fast forward a few years to when she started getting boyfriends. My sister tried to get her on birth control but the grandma said no that wasn't necessary, because sd wouldn't do that. Two nights ago my sister called my mom saying they were taking sd into the ER because they thought she had appendicitis. Turns out it wasn't her appendix at all, but she she was actually 37 weeks pregnant and in labor!!!! She never told anyone she was pregnant and now here she is going into labor! She tried to claim she didn't know and even argued with the Dr that she was still getting her periods. She continued to ask my sister to buy her pads and everything. Well, that little lie was blown to hell when her friend showed up at the hospital and said she's known about it all along, along with another friend and that friend's mother!! She also lied about where it happened and who's it was. She's been lying nonstop and now my sister is forced to care for yet another baby that she can't afford to take care of. My sister was actually told by the social worker that she has no right to any decisions about what her 16 year old step daughter chooses to do with the baby and the girls aunt actually pulled my sister aside and told her she will not dictate how her niece chooses to raise this baby even though this baby will be living under my sister's roof!! I'm flabbergasted by all of this. I'm sad for this baby because I feel like they're not thinking about its best interest, I'm sad for my sister because she's already under so much stress financially and now this happens and I'm sad for sd because her future is now ruined (she's already said she's not going back to school). This is all so crazy and all happened within 24 hours! Also, I'm extremely pissed at the grandma, dad and aunt for being so fricking naive and irresponsible and now ruining 2 children's lives- the baby and 16 year old's by encouraging her to keep this baby. Ughhhh. Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:36 AM
43 moms liked this

My first thought would be why did she marry a man like this? It's not like, surprise, I'm a lazy ass and am going to live off you the rest of our lives. They dated for 5 years.

I'd strongly suggest to your sister to go file for divorce. BEFORE he can claim spousal support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Why did your sister marry this loser?
GKmoms18
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
9 moms liked this
I think, regardless of her choices, the baby's mom has a right to decide if she wants to keep her baby. She's shown a huge lack of maturity however, we all have. It's unfortunate that it's putting more strain on your sister but hopefully she puts her foot down and makes the teen find a job to contribute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
I honestly asked myself the same question but he was going to school when they were first together and made her think he would be getting a god job. But then he quit and that all went to shit. She won't file for divorce because of the kids.

Quoting krisnkids:

My first thought would be why did she marry a man like this? It's not like, surprise, I'm a lazy ass and am going to live off you the rest of our lives. They dated for 5 years.

I'd strongly suggest to your sister to go file for divorce. BEFORE he can claim spousal support.

Saphira1207
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

D.I.V.O.R.C.E.!

That's what this all sounds like to me!

(sorry, I just heard aretha franklin.  The song is on my mind.)

Anywho,  sounds like a massive clusterfuck that your sister needs to bail on asap.

Clearly she's just a paycheck to her husband, and not one of those people respects her enough to listen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
They all sound trashy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM
9 moms liked this
Paragraphs god damn
Pink.Sunshine
by Miss Bossy Pants on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM
I...I can't
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:40 AM
And who is the responsibility of watching the baby going to fall on while she's working? She left them with no time to make any of these arrangements. She's a manipulative little liar and I feel like her "rights" do not trump what's best for this poor baby.

Quoting GKmoms18: I think, regardless of her choices, the baby's mom has a right to decide if she wants to keep her baby. She's shown a huge lack of maturity however, we all have. It's unfortunate that it's putting more strain on your sister but hopefully she puts her foot down and makes the teen find a job to contribute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:40 AM
19 moms liked this

If I were your sister I woud buy absolutely nothing for the baby. tell the sd that she better get the dad to buy stuff or I'll call CPS because I'm not paying for a child I'm not takng care of. Her hubby can pay for stuff but I wouldn't buy a thing. I'd tell her she wants to contro things she better hustle for it's stuff and a sitter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN