Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HUGE f'ing family bombshell!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So, my sister just got married last August. They have dated however for almost 5 years. They have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. He had 2 kids from a previous relationship who are now 12 and 16. The mother is not involved and he has sole custody. He and my sister moved in together very shortly after they started dating- in a house she pays for (because he doesn't work, he collects disability. That's the only contribution he makes financially while my sister busts her ass to provide for everyone). Anyway, when they first got together she noticed that his oldest- a 12 year old daughter at the time, would spend a lot of time at her grandma's trailor park and the grandma would let her run around unsupervised. My Sister thought this was a bad idea, as we all did but she felt like it wasn't her place to say anything. Even after they lived together and the girl lived under my sister's roof she wouldn't say much and when she did she was shut down by the girls father and grandma saying she was responsible and wouldn't get into drugs or any other trouble. Well, fast forward a few years to when she started getting boyfriends. My sister tried to get her on birth control but the grandma said no that wasn't necessary, because sd wouldn't do that. Two nights ago my sister called my mom saying they were taking sd into the ER because they thought she had appendicitis. Turns out it wasn't her appendix at all, but she she was actually 37 weeks pregnant and in labor!!!! She never told anyone she was pregnant and now here she is going into labor! She tried to claim she didn't know and even argued with the Dr that she was still getting her periods. She continued to ask my sister to buy her pads and everything. Well, that little lie was blown to hell when her friend showed up at the hospital and said she's known about it all along, along with another friend and that friend's mother!! She also lied about where it happened and who's it was. She's been lying nonstop and now my sister is forced to care for yet another baby that she can't afford to take care of. My sister was actually told by the social worker that she has no right to any decisions about what her 16 year old step daughter chooses to do with the baby and the girls aunt actually pulled my sister aside and told her she will not dictate how her niece chooses to raise this baby even though this baby will be living under my sister's roof!! I'm flabbergasted by all of this. I'm sad for this baby because I feel like they're not thinking about its best interest, I'm sad for my sister because she's already under so much stress financially and now this happens and I'm sad for sd because her future is now ruined (she's already said she's not going back to school). This is all so crazy and all happened within 24 hours! Also, I'm extremely pissed at the grandma, dad and aunt for being so fricking naive and irresponsible and now ruining 2 children's lives- the baby and 16 year old's by encouraging her to keep this baby. Ughhhh. Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Replies (221-229):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 7:17 PM
No. Not every one trolls!

Look at what yall are writing? It makes yall sound uneducated and just flat out ridiculous.

You want to talk about me being judgemental but you are coming on here defending your sister who makes poor choices and judging a teenager for the choices she made and saying she needs to put the baby up for adoption. But there are a lot of women on here who shouldnt be parents and they dont know the first thing about parenting but no one is telling them to put their kids up for adoption.

Stop tryinh to point out things in others that you are so clearly guilty of yourself.

And yea other people's bad parenting affects everyone. These kid are our future generation and we are in for a world of hurt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omg have you been trolling me this whole time? Nobody's this rude and judgemental without actually knowing the person.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Lol yea so unbelievable because you are uneducated yourself so i doubt you know anyone who is educated!!! And go back to school and gain some reading comprehension skills cause you are way off.

Quoting Anonymous 74:

Don't ever say your kids will not stray, especially if you bring them up TOO strict.   My mom was so strict and I acted out, but still was not a teen mom.  Teaching chlidren proper BC does not set them up for failure in any way.  I know plenty of adults who were raised by parents who taught them about the importance of BC and none had a kid until they were educated and had some money.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Even if my kids do make a mistake and get pregnant, i know i did my best to raise them with standards.

People do stupid things but there is always forgivenes and there is always a lesson for them to learn from it.

You on the other hand are raising your children to fail and you have no one to blame but yourself when it happens.

More then likely my kids will not stray from my teaching but if any of them do, i doubt it will be more then one and it will be a big lesson for them.

You are setting all of yours up to fail and you get what you raise!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol ok lady. Remember, there's a first time for everything. Just might be your kids! Then you'll have to eat that sense of superiority and I've heard they don't taste very good. ;) Have a good day now.

Quoting Anonymous 68: It has for my family!! No one in my family for generations had a child in their teens. The earliest was 20 i believe so yea teaching abstinence and self respect does work.

Yall are teaching your kids by giving them bc it is okay to have sex. Bc doesnt prevent std's and it doesnt always prevent pregnancy either so yall are setting your children up for failure!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: See, the danger here is that you're making clear assumptions. I never said anyone was demanding her to give up her baby- you did. I said I feel like it would be in the baby's best interest to give it up but that's just my opinion. But I didn't say that to the mother.

Also, good luck with your whole "Im teaching abstinence" thing. It's worked out so well for so many others...

Quoting Anonymous 68: you sound like the fruit loop.birth control is bad for people's bodies to begin with and no i wouldnt subject my teen to that. I also dont agree with teens dating and having sex. I teach abstinence and self respect. Yes if my child were to get pregnant at a young age, i would be upset but i would still be there for my child and wouldnt try to demand her to give her baby up. How would yoy feel if someone demanded that from you? She obviously didnt tell anyone for a reason. This child apparently doesnt trust anyone in her family and that is a problem. There are issues going on that no one is dealing with. They have turned that child into who she is and you wonder why she acts like that?!

You also said you feel sorry for your sister but she is just as bad as the rest of them.

Your whole family sounds like fruit loops!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sorry, how exactly am I horrible? You don't agree with putting a "child" on birth control? So you're ok with a "child" having a baby?! I stated myself that I feel bad for this baby for the exact reasons you do. I feel like it should have been given up for adoption for the same reasons you feel bad for it. Also, I'm hardly the first person to post issues that pertain to their family members. You sound like a total fruit loop.

Quoting Anonymous 68: you are horrible!!! While i dont agree with how the family handled this situation, i also dont agree with putting a child on birth control, and i dont agree with you posting someone elses situation on here and think she should give up her baby just because of her age.

And your sister isnt innocent in all this. She stuck around and married this loser of a father and stood up for nothing. She chose to take care of a grown man and to be apart of this mess so i dont feel sorry for her.

The only one i do feel sorry for is the baby because no one in this situation is mature enough to raise this child properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM

WOW.    What trash.  People like that should not parent.   Where were they when their kid was screwing around?

Quoting Anonymous 42:

Ugh. When I worked in the ER we had a similar but shittier situation. This 14 year old came in by ambulance with complaints of vaginal bleeding and stomach pain. We got about 1.3 seconds into the pelvic exam before realizing there was a baby's head there and calling OB.

Mom/grandma had no clue her daughter was pregnant...AGAIN. She had given birth 24 weeks prior to delivering this 22 week preemie. Fucking amazing parenting and responsibility all around. The first baby had been a preemie as well, apparently. The second one didn't survive more than a few days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM

LOL   He probably has a "cafe mom" type of disability.  NOPE.  He needs to get a job. When you have kids to financially support, there is not time to sit home and be "disabled"  That does not excuse him from financially supporting his own damn family he CHOSE to have.    Why would anyone marry someone that does not work and then be expected to support not only HIM, but his family.  The woman obviously has some serious self esteem problems.  Sad.

Quoting Anonymous 48: First off he has disability u cunt. Like u say it with disgust. The situation is messed up but to hate on a man who has full custody and is disabled makes u look like shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 9:18 PM
Your sister married a guy with kids who is on disability. And she knew the girl was unsupervised, without birth control, and knew the girl would be living in her house if she married this guy. She saw this coming yet chose this situation anyway. Let her live the life she chose and don't worry about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Apr. 23, 2017 at 9:36 PM

I can't believe he was given disability for that!!! I know plenty of people in their 50s and 60s that have major issues and managed to work.  Is he illiterate or highly uneducated?  They tend to give uneducated people disability a lot more than they do people who are literate and who have worked for a while.  He does not want to work, that is why he will not get it corrected. . He should not be getting disability. . What a filthy , lazy bum.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't really say it judgementally I said it as fact. He does collect disability and that is the only support he provides financially. Those are facts. And they're relevant to the story to show that all financial responsibility will fall onto my sister. Lots of people collect disability who could be working and mooch off the system. He's not even 40 and he needs a hip replacement but refuses to get one because he's "afraid of hospitals". That's not really a good excuse to be a free loader to me. But anyway, I'd say calling somebody a cunt for simply laying out the facts makes you look more like shit so maybe you should worry about yourself and how you look.
Quoting Anonymous 48: First off he has disability u cunt. Like u say it with disgust. The situation is messed up but to hate on a man who has full custody and is disabled makes u look like shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Your disgusting, holier than thou personality is nauseating. You sit here and try to belittle everyone about how "uneducated" they are (without knowing anything about their actual level of education btw) when you didn't even know the simple difference between 'apart' and 'a part'. You're the one who's coming off as not only uneducated, but pretencious, pathetic and desperate to be validated for what you feel is your superior parenting. I've got a news flash for you lady , nobody cares how you raise your kids. You keep on raising them how you see best and everybody else will do the same. Don't lose sleep over the way strangers on the Internet choose to handle the topic of sex with their own children. Some feel that teaching safe sex is best, sone feel that teaching abstinence is best but the most important take away here is that it's their own perogative- not for you to judge. Now seriously, good freaking riddance to you.

Quoting Anonymous 68: No. Not every one trolls!

Look at what yall are writing? It makes yall sound uneducated and just flat out ridiculous.

You want to talk about me being judgemental but you are coming on here defending your sister who makes poor choices and judging a teenager for the choices she made and saying she needs to put the baby up for adoption. But there are a lot of women on here who shouldnt be parents and they dont know the first thing about parenting but no one is telling them to put their kids up for adoption.

Stop tryinh to point out things in others that you are so clearly guilty of yourself.

And yea other people's bad parenting affects everyone. These kid are our future generation and we are in for a world of hurt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Omg have you been trolling me this whole time? Nobody's this rude and judgemental without actually knowing the person.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Lol yea so unbelievable because you are uneducated yourself so i doubt you know anyone who is educated!!! And go back to school and gain some reading comprehension skills cause you are way off.

Quoting Anonymous 74:

Don't ever say your kids will not stray, especially if you bring them up TOO strict.   My mom was so strict and I acted out, but still was not a teen mom.  Teaching chlidren proper BC does not set them up for failure in any way.  I know plenty of adults who were raised by parents who taught them about the importance of BC and none had a kid until they were educated and had some money.

Quoting Anonymous 68: Even if my kids do make a mistake and get pregnant, i know i did my best to raise them with standards.

People do stupid things but there is always forgivenes and there is always a lesson for them to learn from it.

You on the other hand are raising your children to fail and you have no one to blame but yourself when it happens.

More then likely my kids will not stray from my teaching but if any of them do, i doubt it will be more then one and it will be a big lesson for them.

You are setting all of yours up to fail and you get what you raise!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol ok lady. Remember, there's a first time for everything. Just might be your kids! Then you'll have to eat that sense of superiority and I've heard they don't taste very good. ;) Have a good day now.

Quoting Anonymous 68: It has for my family!! No one in my family for generations had a child in their teens. The earliest was 20 i believe so yea teaching abstinence and self respect does work.

Yall are teaching your kids by giving them bc it is okay to have sex. Bc doesnt prevent std's and it doesnt always prevent pregnancy either so yall are setting your children up for failure!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: See, the danger here is that you're making clear assumptions. I never said anyone was demanding her to give up her baby- you did. I said I feel like it would be in the baby's best interest to give it up but that's just my opinion. But I didn't say that to the mother.

Also, good luck with your whole "Im teaching abstinence" thing. It's worked out so well for so many others...

Quoting Anonymous 68: you sound like the fruit loop.birth control is bad for people's bodies to begin with and no i wouldnt subject my teen to that. I also dont agree with teens dating and having sex. I teach abstinence and self respect. Yes if my child were to get pregnant at a young age, i would be upset but i would still be there for my child and wouldnt try to demand her to give her baby up. How would yoy feel if someone demanded that from you? She obviously didnt tell anyone for a reason. This child apparently doesnt trust anyone in her family and that is a problem. There are issues going on that no one is dealing with. They have turned that child into who she is and you wonder why she acts like that?!

You also said you feel sorry for your sister but she is just as bad as the rest of them.

Your whole family sounds like fruit loops!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sorry, how exactly am I horrible? You don't agree with putting a "child" on birth control? So you're ok with a "child" having a baby?! I stated myself that I feel bad for this baby for the exact reasons you do. I feel like it should have been given up for adoption for the same reasons you feel bad for it. Also, I'm hardly the first person to post issues that pertain to their family members. You sound like a total fruit loop.

Quoting Anonymous 68: you are horrible!!! While i dont agree with how the family handled this situation, i also dont agree with putting a child on birth control, and i dont agree with you posting someone elses situation on here and think she should give up her baby just because of her age.

And your sister isnt innocent in all this. She stuck around and married this loser of a father and stood up for nothing. She chose to take care of a grown man and to be apart of this mess so i dont feel sorry for her.

The only one i do feel sorry for is the baby because no one in this situation is mature enough to raise this child properly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on May. 7, 2017 at 4:07 PM

If I were your sister, that would be the last straw.They want her be financially responsible, but won't let her have any say in how the baby is raised?? Fuck that!!

Divorce proceedings would follow shortly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 77 on May. 7, 2017 at 4:47 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 8: Yeah I would be getting out of there so fast they wouldn't know what hit them.

Let gma and dad raise the next generation since they've done a stellar job already.

nickysmom71
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Too much white trash going around here...

She needs to file for divorce, take her kids and gtfo.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)