Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update Tell me that He's going to be ok. Please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My son has to have tubes put in his ears and a Adenoidectomy in the morning and I'm scared to death.

My fears stem from the Jahi Mcmath story and I'm just super worried about him. Ugh can tomorrow be over with already

*update*
The only reason I'm so worried is because of her story. My son has had tubes before, he's had spinal surgery and a hernia repair and this one had me super stuck. He has pulled thru just fine the doctor just left the room
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:36 AM
Bump.
Trixie_dahl
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:39 AM

Deep breaths mama. Don't let one simple oops scare you. Not the right words but I hope you know what I mean.

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:40 AM
The most likely outcome is he will be fine. This is a procedure done thousands of times daily everywhere. And how many Jahi type stories do we here about? Not a lot. It can happen and does, occasionally, but people are fine an overwhelming majority of the time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:40 AM

I don't know much about it, but I do know someone who's son had the same things done and it was all okay. :) I'm imaging most times it is. :) Hugs, momma, I understand your worry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:41 AM

He'll be fine. Her case made the news because her outcome is so rare. 99.9999999% of kids sail through the operation. 

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:45 AM
Hugs, momma! I know it's scary but he'll be fine and it'll be over before you know it. I know several children who have had this done and it's really not a huge deal. Relax. And update when you can so I can say " See? Told you! "
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:46 AM
It would be extremely rare for something to go wrong, it's a small procedure that's done around the world day in and day out. Yes there are stories where things go wrong in any procedure, however you have to look at the big picture and be positive. All the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:51 AM

He will be ok.

That girls mother was making her talk to people when she was told by drs to not be talking a lot. Jus follow All of the drs orders.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:54 AM

Her case also wasn't quite that simple. I fully believe her family caused what happened to her. OP your child should be fine.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

He'll be fine. Her case made the news because her outcome is so rare. 99.9999999% of kids sail through the operation. 

DILLIGAF?

chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:57 AM
You just have to have faith in the doctors and hospital. When my daughter had her cleft palate repair and ear tubes put in I felt a bit overwhelmed. But, I knew she was in fabulous hands. Soon she will have her tonsils/adenoids removed (well, we will find out tomorrow at her ENT a appointment). While I'm sure I'll have some anxiety, I don't think the worst. I can't. I know there is risk, but, I can't live in fear.

Best of luck tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)