Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this teenager my problem? What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I caught my own teenager (14) with weed last December and as a consequence, I have insisted on having a face-to-face chat with every parent before I drop her off at each friend's house.

So, on New Year's Eve, I had a conversation with a mom and she was as upset as I was about the wild crowd our daughters had fallen in with.  The mom was an older mom (probably 50?) and I could tell she was very concerned. She agreed with me when I said that we moms need to stick together.

Tonight, while snooping around on Instagram, I saw her daughter's public account.  She has posted a photo of a tattoo (hidden under her arm, above her bra) and a photo of her smoking in several photos.  This girl is 14 and in 9th grade.  I am pretty sure her mother has no idea what's happening.

Anyway, I wondered.  Should I text her mom and let her know what I saw on Instagram?  I would want to know if it were my daughter.  (She's hanging out with a guy who looks like a real loser, too.)

What would you do?  Mind your own business or get involved?  If it were your daughter, would you want to know?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd want to know. I'd just say 'hey, maybe you should check out your kids Instagram account'
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:22 AM
I would absolutely talk to her. Although I think in person or over the phone would be better. I would expect friends/other parents to tell me if my child was acting out. Maybe not telling on every little thing, but certainly tattoos, drugs and guys.
Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd ask my daughter if I could try her weed to see if she has a better dealer than I do.

Vuyo85
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 AM

I'd tell her because I'd want her to tell me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 AM
You should let her know, this is the kind of help we all need help we would need if this was our kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:39 AM

Text her mom and also send her the pics you seen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:18 AM
Nope. It's her private business. Her body her choice on what she does/fucks with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:21 AM
I'd tell her mom in a fucking heartbeat because I'd want to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Stellar parenting, right here folks!!!!! Everyone check out mom of the year...she's cool with her 14 year old CHILD getting tattoos and doing drugs....because it's *her* body. Smh.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Nope. It's her private business. Her body her choice on what she does/fucks with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:26 AM

I would want to know if my dd had a tat and was smoking cigarettes. Or do you mean she was smoking weed? Are you sure it's a pic of her own arm? I know a lot of kids re post things on IG because it's "tumbler"- they think it's cool. But if you're sure it's her arm with a tat, yes, I'd tell that mom and yes I'd want to know if I were that mom.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)