Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In getting my IUD taken out today. Because of constant bleeding. Anyone been through this??

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM
  • 13 Replies
The baby is 6 months old . And i had it put in at my six week check up. And since then i have had heavy bleeding clots. And it will stop for a week than I'll bleed for weeks. I've been on hormones. Now a month the pill on top of it. And im on my period pills. And i stop bleeding. So im having it took out. Im on the placegaurd. Anyone else have this issue?? When u had it removed did the periods go back to normal? My Dr says last resort is a hysterectomy.
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_of_one_001
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Which Iud do you have? I heard the copper one is not too great and especially for endometriosis which I have. I had to have surgery for it then was put on the 5 year IUD and have not had one period or pain since 5 years ago and still. I love it.

Were you taking hormones before the IUD? If so your IUD also might have hormones... sounds like a lot that screw with your system.
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:15 AM

I have the opposite reaction. I am on my second Mirena and have no periods at all.

Franny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:16 AM
After researching it the coper one if it's the one without hormones. I regret it. It's been terrible. No i took hormones after three weeks it was put in. He thought my system was out of whack.

Quoting mom_of_one_001: Which Iud do you have? I heard the copper one is not too great and especially for endometriosis which I have. I had to have surgery for it then was put on the 5 year IUD and have not had one period or pain since 5 years ago and still. I love it.

Were you taking hormones before the IUD? If so your IUD also might have hormones... sounds like a lot that screw with your system.
Franny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:18 AM
Well i should of had that one put in. I was scared how my body would react to hormones. But now i see i was overthinking.

Quoting SueWanda:

I have the opposite reaction. I am on my second Mirena and have no periods at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:21 AM
I had an iud a few years ago, it was great. We wanted another baby, had it removed, had a baby, got a new iud. Nonstop bleeding. Had it checked, it was FALLING OUT!! So I got a new one, and I haven't had bleeding since.
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

This girl I went to school with recently had the same issue and had it taken out. 

Franny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:24 AM
I did have an ultrasound three weeks ago and the tech said it was falling out. But i was going g to have my pap done soon. I thought I'd just have it removed than. So that might be the cause too. I'll find out after today.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I had an iud a few years ago, it was great. We wanted another baby, had it removed, had a baby, got a new iud. Nonstop bleeding. Had it checked, it was FALLING OUT!! So I got a new one, and I haven't had bleeding since.
NikLvsNick
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Years ago I had the Mirena IUD. Every two weeks I had my period. I had the thing taken out mostly because of the pain I was experiencing. I was back to my normal cycle within a month or so after having it removed. I remember it being quick. It's been almost 10 years since then.

MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:48 AM
I have the Mirena and love it. My baby is 9 months. Before him I had the Mirena for 4 years. Took it out, got pregnant, got a new one at my 6 week check-up. I haven't had a period yet (but I'm also breastfeeding). I know a couple women who got the copper IUD and hated it.
Franny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM
I hope im back to normal. I don't want to have a hysterectomy.

Quoting NikLvsNick:

Years ago I had the Mirena IUD. Every two weeks I had my period. I had the thing taken out mostly because of the pain I was experiencing. I was back to my normal cycle within a month or so after having it removed. I remember it being quick. It's been almost 10 years since then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)