Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone work for or know anything about animal control

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:16 AM
  • 47 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have a mama duck that has built her nest under the slide of my kids play house.

She's understandably very nasty. If we get anywhere close she comes out of no where and dive bombs us. Dh can't even mow the lawn in the back yard. Daddy duck is a bit mean too.

If I call animal control would they relocate the nest? Is that even possible?

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:17 AM
Look for a local wildlife rehabilitator. Animal control likely won't help
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:19 AM
I know some places if they've already laid eggs they won't move nests. But I would contact animal control and see what the rules are
Linda_Runs
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:20 AM

I am no expert, but this is what I was thinking.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I know some places if they've already laid eggs they won't move nests. But I would contact animal control and see what the rules are

notuseless
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:22 AM
You will have to wait until the eggs hatch to have them relocated. Why didn't you realize they were building a nest?
Punky_1981
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:23 AM

I really don't think they will move the nest. They wouldn't be able to do that, and have the parents understand what is going on. It's probably best to leave them alone, as the eggs should be hatching soon. You can call and ask, but I really don't think they will do anything about it at this point. 

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We would be eating duck...
Snoeblind
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:23 AM

Sorry you are out of luck most likely. The distress of moving them will likely cause them not sit/watch the eggs if moved. The human smell alone may make them shy away. How long has it been there?

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM
It's been pouring rain here the last week. We have haven't been in the back yard and the play house is close to an open wetland. You can't see the nest from the house

Quoting notuseless: You will have to wait until the eggs hatch to have them relocated. Why didn't you realize they were building a nest?
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Leave her. They will move on shortly. Animal control isn't going to do anything. There was a post the other day on Facebook about a girl calling the cops. It was fairly dramatic and entertaining, while it lasted.
Snoeblind
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:27 AM

I couldn't remember so had to look it up. Takes 28 days for those eggs to hatch. The nest is only for the eggs though. They will move once hatched

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)