Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need makeup opinions!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I have ed Bare Minerals for years and loved it.

Do you have any other opinions on good makeup if this is the kind that I find works and I like?

My sister in law wants me to do the Luminous Air stuff.

And I have had others say it doesn't really matter brand and they buy theirs from Walmart.

My skin is always red and uneven. That's why I like the bare minerals because it's light coverage that really hides the blemishes. I'm very much into the "barely there" makeup look.

And I am really still very new to wearing makeup daily. Up until now it has only been for special occasions.

Anyway... I will need more within a month. So I need advice! Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
We really can't offer advice without a pic to know what would and wouldn't work for you...
g33k
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM

sounds like you have rosacea (redness). be careful of what you put on your skin if you do have it since it can irritate your skin even more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM
I understand but I just don't feel good about sharing a picture.

Thank you for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous 2: We really can't offer advice without a pic to know what would and wouldn't work for you...
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM

If Bare Minerals works for you, then there is no need to really change it. 

With your redness, it sounds like there may be sensitivity so the more natural the products the better for you likely. Clinique is probably a brand that you'd do well with as well.

How much make-up do you wear and what products are you looking for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Understandable. Maybe instead you could tell us what complexion your skin is, what color your eyes are, how dark your eyebrows are, and the color of your lips (pinkish-red, reddish, etc.)?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I understand but I just don't feel good about sharing a picture.

Thank you for the bump.

Quoting Anonymous 2: We really can't offer advice without a pic to know what would and wouldn't work for you...
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM
There are a lot of good brands out there. Are you looking for more natural type ingredients? Is that why you liked bare minerals? Or are you just looking for a light coverage foundation in general?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Thanks.

Quoting g33k:

sounds like you have rosacea (redness). be careful of what you put on your skin if you do have it since it can irritate your skin even more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Both

Quoting jellybeanjean: There are a lot of good brands out there. Are you looking for more natural type ingredients? Is that why you liked bare minerals? Or are you just looking for a light coverage foundation in general?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM
Sure. I have light complexion but do tan. I never get super dark but don't really burn either. My husband and kids are all very pinkish and I am definitely not pink.

My lips are darker pink. Not red. And not really pink pink.

My eyebrows are dark. And my eyes are grey blue.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Understandable. Maybe instead you could tell us what complexion your skin is, what color your eyes are, how dark your eyebrows are, and the color of your lips (pinkish-red, reddish, etc.)?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I understand but I just don't feel good about sharing a picture.

Thank you for the bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM
I wear very minimal makeup. And I still have plenty of the extras. I need a good foundation.

I'm not sure if my redness is due to any sensitivity or not. My mom was very red too in the area under the eyes and on the nose. Same with me.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

If Bare Minerals works for you, then there is no need to really change it. 

With your redness, it sounds like there may be sensitivity so the more natural the products the better for you likely. Clinique is probably a brand that you'd do well with as well.

How much make-up do you wear and what products are you looking for?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)