Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She left her kids here so I called the police

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 345 Replies
1 mom liked this

A family friend asked if I could watch her kids today. I said no. Our kids our out of school today I guess she got called into work last minute after taking it off. 

I said sorry but I couldnt do it. My DD has a very important doctors appointment and I have one right after. 

She showed up at my house this morning with the kids. I told her again I still could not watch them. She was in tears. Saying that she will lose her job and blah blah blah. I said I was sorry but I had other things to do. I told her about the doctors appointments when she first asked. She just doesnt care

I told her she could take them into the drop in daycare but she said that wasnt an option. She left and I thought that was the end of it. I went and took a shower and then came downstairs to see the kids in the back yard. She drove around to the other side of the yard (we have a back gate) and told the kids to play there until I let them in. 

I called her and she didnt answer. I called her work but she wasnt there yet. I called her ex boyfriend and he was out of town, I even called her sister but she didnt answer. 

I texted her saying she had 30 minutes to get her kids or I would be calling the police. She read the message and didnt respond

So I called the police. There is no way I was going to just give up our doctors appointments because she felt like trying to be a sneaky bitch. It isnt okay to try to make someone watch your kids. That isnt how it works. The police came out and took statements. CPS came too and talked to the kids. I told them where she worked and exactly what happened. 

They took the kids and it seemed like they were going to go to talk to her. I will never talk to this person again. Ever. She is out of my life. I have helped her so many times before without any problems but today was not a day I could help 

ETA: I couldnt just bring them with me. I have no room in the car for her kids and mine plus not enough car seats 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM
4 moms liked this
What an asshole. Those poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:41 AM

Sorry but my child comes first. There is nothing that would come up that would cause me to miss her appointment. Nothing. 

It isnt okay to leave kids to try and force someone to watch them 

Quoting AliKatAK47: What an asshole. Those poor kids.

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Wow. Poor kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this
You suck
ayacocca
by Lioness on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:42 AM
5 moms liked this
That was a very selfish and childish move on her behalf. Have you heard anything else from her? Where'd they take the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:43 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't blame you. I don't have time for bs like that. 

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM
4 moms liked this

I think she is referring to the kids who were dumped on you. Their mom sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sorry but my child comes first. There is nothing that would come up that would cause me to miss her appointment. Nothing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM
5 moms liked this

I would have driven them to her job and torn her a new one.  I'm guessing you'll have some story about how she works an hour away or some such excuse because this is a popular troll post but I'll play.  CPS would be a last resort, not because I think she doesn't deserve that but because those children don't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM

uh huh suuuure

Image result for LIES gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Oh if that is the case then I agree with her. This family friend is clearly an asshole. I thought she meant me lol 

Quoting krisnkids:

I think she is referring to the kids who were dumped on you. Their mom sucks.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)