Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if someone was picking on your child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
DD is in 7th grade and three girls are picking on her, one of which is very big for her age. She's probably twice my daughter's size. DD is terrified of her. What advice would you give or how would you handle the situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:08 AM
Have the teacher speak with them. It's late now but ask for her to be switched to another class. Have her confront them head on because even mean girls need to be put in their place. Disregard them because if you show them their words don't affect you, they get bored and move on.
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I'd push their asses in the lake.

Freiheit
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Inform the teacher. If teacher does nothing, go to the principal. If principal does nothing, go to the kid's parents.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:11 AM
We have DS in martial arts because it builds confidence for situations like this.

Get your DD comfortable with standing up for herself! Confidence in yourself as a person and confidence in your abilities really goes a long way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:14 AM

We talked to the teacher and told her this problem had gone on long enough, they'd been informed before and they had one chance to stop it.  If not, we'd arrange a meeting with the superintendent and she and the principal could sit in on that little meeting, explaining to the SI why they refused to listen and do their job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I'd report it to the school. I'd direct her to talk to someone every time it happens. I'd ask for her to talk to the counselor at school to help her handle the situation.
LuLuMagoo2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Speak to the teacher then the principal then it would be the superintendent and police together!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not in the norm here, so I'll go anon. We tell our kids handle it or we will. If they need to know what to say or do, I tell them but they HAVE to learn to deal with trouble makers. My daughter is in 6th grade. It's non stop problem with boys. She's actually gone so far as slapping a boy who kept shoving her down. Every time she defends herself they stop. Your daughter might need to get a little ugly to get her point across. You need to empower her to do what she has to do.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Are they physically threatening her or actually getting physical with her? Is that why she's terrified?

Definitely contact the school (if this is a school-related) issue. Get them involved as soon as you can.

Teach your daughter to stand up for herself. That the size of the person shouldn't matter, and that unless they're actually physically threatening or hurting her (call the police then), to learn to even walk away and ignore them.

Is there something at the base of this problem? 

KLynn122313
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Turn into Madea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)