Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They want me to have an abortion :o(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies

I found out a few days ago that I am pregnant.  I am 21, and I wll be 22 when my baby is born, I am in college. I don't know that I feel comfortable with having an abortion, but my mother and father want me to terminate the pregnancy. It seems like such an emotional thing that I'm not sure I could handle. I know raising a child as a single mother in school (I have 1&1/2 years left, and I really want to finish) will be tough, but I really feel like I can do anything I need to. I live at home right now, so I would be imposing the baby on my parents. They wouldn't kick me out and have told me that whatever I decide they will be completely behind me. Will it be selfish of me to have the baby when my whole family doesn't want it?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM
25 moms liked this
Who cares what your family wants, it's your body and baby. You will most likely regret it if you allow them to force you to abort. Have your baby and do what you have to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM
5 moms liked this
You have to make this decision based on what you want. Otherwise, you will regret it.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM
4 moms liked this

It's definitely selfish. 

K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You are an adult. You put yourself in this situation. It's a decision you have to make for yourself and only yourself. You can't allow your parents to dictate this decision. It's time to grow up and start making your own decisions.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM

It is completely up to you. There are so many options nowadays that i would suggest looking at all of them and then making an informed approach. If you search for crisis pregnancy centers in your area you can find one that will provide you with a ton of information on your options.

spmmmommie
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM
6 moms liked this

I wouldnt have an abortion for anything! If you get one and end up regretting it you will resent them and that isnt good for anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM
This feels like more of a question for reddit
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM
12 moms liked this

IMO, Pro Choice is more than about having an abortion and the legal right to do so.

It's also the right to decide NOT to have one.

This is your body, your choice, and your decision.

Many young Moms (and dads) have managed college while caring for a baby and if you're wanting to keep this baby and have the support of your parent's no matter what, then follow your heart on this.

Best wishes!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Yes. But they are at the mercy of your imposition so you get to do what you wish. You are in no way self sufficient.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:26 AM
17 moms liked this

It is not selfish for you to decide what you want to do with your body. But I DO think it is selfish is expect other people to help you if you decide to keep the baby. If you choose to take on this responsibility you should be prepared to do it all yourself. The amount that your parents want to help you is totally up to them. Be grateful for everything they do, and do your best not to impose on them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)