Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I make the money, I'm not buying him a motorcycle!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

First off, I work 2 jobs and have done so for 5 years now. My primary job is a call center working graveyards.  My day job is driving a city bus (part time). DH use to work but he doesn't like working in general. When he worked, we had 2 kids with one on the way. He bought us a trailer on a piece of land. It's not bad, it's not a trailer park, and we own everything. More like he owns it as it's only in his name. He got "laid off" while I was pregnant with our 3rd. I was almost due so it was no biggie. I decided to get a job after our 3rd was born and in 5 years, had 2 more kids. 

Now my night job is enough to pay the bills. The 2nd job is because I feel we've outgrown our trailer. We have 2 boys in 1 room, 2 boys in the 2nd room and dd (our youngest) is only 9 months old and her crib is in our room. Over the last couple years, I've saved 28 grand from my 2nd job. I had more but I had to buy a new car and by new, I mean used, because my car crapped out. So I'm down to 28k but it's enough for a decent sized down payment. On top of that, I'm about to recieve an inheritance from my dad passing away to the tune of 30k. Not much, I know but if I add it to what I already have, I can have a much nicer down payment. 

So DH came to me asking for money to buy a motorcycle. I told him no. I explained what the money is being used for because we NEED a bigger house. He threw it in my face that I got a new car. I reminded him of what happened to my car (long story short, it was in an accident and was still driveable but then the motor blew a week later). He's crying how this isn't fair and how if he had a job, he would have a new truck AND a new motorcycle. I told him he's more than welcome to get a job but until then, I'm not buying a motorcycle. It's just not in the cards right now. 

He's now resorted to telling me how selfish I am, that I never think of him, and how he would've done this for me. Which he never did when he was working. Hell I was lucky to have enough laundry detergent when he was working, nevermind asking for a damn car. 

Ugh... soo irritated right now. I don't need sympathy, I need a new husband LMAO 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM
5 moms liked this
I'd have left him when he became allergic to working.
Franny76
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM
Sounds to me you have a man child. And until he grows up he will continue to act like this. Don't give in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM
His mistress will
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:25 AM
I hate when men can't be men. I blame single mothers.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:26 AM

Get your tubes tied after this one is born. Buy a house and kick dead beat to the curb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Yes, you do need a new husband

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do you keep breeding with this loser? He isn't a real man that helps support his family. He only thinks of himself and his loser interests. So it should come as no shock he'd put himself before his family's well being. And yet, you chose to have three kids with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM

haha I wish he had a mistress. He can go knock her up for a change lol 

Quoting Anonymous 2: His mistress will

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Why can't men just see Rosie instead? Why would it be the single mother's fault? They don't get pregnant on their own.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hate when men can't be men. I blame single mothers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM

5 kids

Quoting Anonymous 4: Why do you keep breeding with this loser? He isn't a real man that helps support his family. He only thinks of himself and his loser interests. So it should come as no shock he'd put himself before his family's well being. And yet, you chose to have three kids with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)