Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm escaping domestic abuse and his mom is mad at me about it

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:49 PM
  • 46 Replies
I am getting a divorce from my husband who beat me. While doing a custody exchange, she said to me...I didn't think you'd ever leave him. I knew he was hitting you but I figured you'd just deal with it like I did. Now you are going to lose time with your kids, which is why I never left his father.

Bitch
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

She's been through her own experience and is entitled to her own opinion, which is obviously influenced by what she's been through and the choices that she made. I'm sorry it upset you. You are doing the right thing. Don't let her get you down.

OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM
BDs mom hated me because I stopped supporting her abusive, pos son. Oh well. Got to do what's best. Good luck OP, and stay strong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:56 PM
3 moms liked this

She fucked up big time, stayed with a woman beater then raised one and sent him out into society, and thought you were stupid enough to do that too.  To hell with her and her opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

She says that, but her son beats you...obviously by not leaving his father, she let the abuse cycle continue because he saw that all the time and apparently thinks its ok. I'm proud of you for leaving. It is hard but your kids and yourself will be so much better off away from him! I hope there is a police report or something, maybe he should only get supervised visits...

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Why are you even dealing with her? Once I divorced I never saw my in laws again.
countrycute
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM
I'm just venting
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM

Honestly, I'd do a 3rd party handoff so you don't have to see him, OR his asshole mom. That's really fucked up. At least youknow where HE gets it from.

tsatske2
by Latricia on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

She taught him that being hit was okay, and as a result, you married an abuser. You're teaching your kids that it is not okay. Good for you, mama. Prayers sent. 

countrycute
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM
He's living with her. She comes for every custody exchange. She's the one taking care of the kids during visits

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Why are you even dealing with her? Once I divorced I never saw my in laws again.
countrycute
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We are doing the exchange in a public place so I'm safe

Quoting Rosehawk:

Honestly, I'd do a 3rd party handoff so you don't have to see him, OR his asshole mom. That's really fucked up. At least youknow where HE gets it from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)