Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boss says I'm too nice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I work at the DMV (currently I'm on lunch), and I've always been nice to customers. ALWAYS. If there's a problem with issuing their drivers license or they don't have the correct documents, I always apologize for the inconvenience and help them get the proper paperwork needed or provide them with as much info as I can. 

Today, a lady was here with her toddler. Her toddler wasn't talking yet but coo'd and ahh'd. It was soo adorable and so while I was putting info into the computer, I was having a side conversation with her. I was saying things like, "I know... tell me about it." The mom was happy and not complaining. It was helping to keep her tot calm and I felt it showed I cared. I later told the mom I have son about the same age. I was STILL DOING MY JOB. Being quiet would not make me go any faster and I'm one of the fastest ones there pending how well my computer is working. 

Soo boss is now telling me I don't have to be soo nice to the customers. He said it's distracting and makes everyone else look bad. Oh well. I shouldn't have to sacrifice my principles to make everyone else look good. 

This is the DUMBEST complaint I've ever heard from a boss. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would cut down on the personal chatter if it's come to the point that your boss is noticing it.
HotJerZMama
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for being a role model for the other losers that work there. Everyone dreads going to the DMV because the employees are rude, slow, and altogether a headache to deal with. If everyone acted like you, no one would have a bad thing to say about the DMV,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:57 PM

Believe it or not, I have to visit the DMV myself once in a while. It drives me bonkers to deal with some of these people so I do my best to make it an enjoyable experience for those looking at me. A few kind words can change someones day, you never know. 

Quoting HotJerZMama: Thank you for being a role model for the other losers that work there. Everyone dreads going to the DMV because the employees are rude, slow, and altogether a headache to deal with. If everyone acted like you, no one would have a bad thing to say about the DMV,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:57 PM

I would love to have you handle my DMV transactions.  In all the years I've gone there, I've had one nice worker.  I'm sure the job can suck, all jobs can, but employees like you make an unpleasant process so much more bearable.

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM

As long as you are doing your job and keeping the customers happy, I don't see a problem.

krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Email him and apologize for being too nice. Let him know that you appreciate his concern and that if it starts to effect your performance then to please let you know.

Until he lets you know, keep it up!

FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Your boss is a fool and whomever put him in that position should be re-thinking this.

I agree, his complaint is dumb, to say the least.

Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM
It's awesome to give people a pleasant DMV experience.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM
You should have your boss's job. Go after it. We Need nice people!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Are you in florida?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)