Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

losing weight while pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
i lost 15lbs in the 1st trymester so far(13weeks now) everything i tried to eat made me sick so ive kinda been living off of fruit because its the only thing thats not made me sick. just recently ive been able to eat chicken and its great.
i havent been eating alot in the way of calories though and im scared my baby may have issues.
i was hoping to hear from others who may of went through the same and what was the result for your lo?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Speak with your doctor about this.

My daughter always loses weight in the first trimester.  Not pregnant she weighs 100 pounds, if she is lucky.

She has gained a sufficient amount of weight later on during the pregnancy.  This is just who she is.  Her doctor has never had a concern.

Talk with your own doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM
I was very sick the first trimester and lost 10-15lbs. Gained it all back in the second trimester when I could eat well again. Third trimester was hit and miss with he morning sickness again. With dd I gained a total of 4lbs, her birth weight was 9lbs 1oz! With ds I gained a total of 9lbs, his birth weight was 8lbs 6oz! They were both very healthy. As long as you are eating right (what you can at least) You and baby should be ok. Definitely discuss it with your doc though. Good luck!
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM
I lost weight with my last two and I started out underweight. My doctors were fine with it, babies grew wonderfully, I was just sick the entire time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
i told him i had lost weight he just told me keep trying to see what i can handle. i lost the majority of weight before my first prenatal visit

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Speak with your doctor about this.

My daughter always loses weight in the first trimester.  Not pregnant she weighs 100 pounds, if she is lucky.

She has gained a sufficient amount of weight later on during the pregnancy.  This is just who she is.  Her doctor has never had a concern.

Talk with your own doctor.

ninjakids
by Christina on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM
I lost weight with yds and maintianed the same weight with DD (gained 1-2lbs in the end).

My doctor told me it's fine as long as baby was developing properly. If you're overweight then it's fairly common to lose vs gain during pregnancy.

Yds was 7lbs 4oz
Dd was 9lbs 5oz
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM
i am overweight so i think that could be why dr wasnt too concerned.

Quoting ninjakids: I lost weight with yds and maintianed the same weight with DD (gained 1-2lbs in the end).

My doctor told me it's fine as long as baby was developing properly. If you're overweight then it's fairly common to lose vs gain during pregnancy.

Yds was 7lbs 4oz
Dd was 9lbs 5oz
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM

With my last I lost 5-10lbs in the first trimester. I didn't get it back until late in my second trimester. She was born at 39 weeks via C-section at 8lbs 1oz, and 19 inches. She's now almost three and a spunky, funny, attitude filled, independent child.

mompam
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM
My sister in law was terribly sick while pregnant. Could only barely drink milkshakes. And she was tiny to start. She lost weight throughout the pregnancy. She ended up delivering premature. The baby was 33 weeks. She was in the nicu for a few weeks but fine. She was perfectly healthy just small. Now she's graduating college top of her class. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM
I lost 27lbs with my second. I wasn't sick I was just never hungry. I set alarms on my phone reminding me to eat. Can you drink ensure? My dr had me drink those.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)