Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't care if he is mad but it isn't happening

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My fourth child is scheduled to be born by c section on Wednesday. We should be home by Saturday. The issue is my Mil. She wants my husband to drive 4 hours to go and pick her up and stay for two weeks. The issue is she has MS and is totally disabled. There is no way I can handle her plus 4 kids days after having a c section. My husband will be working.Now she is telling everyone how mean,selfish and co
controlling I am. My husband keeps saying that I need to find a way to do it. Nope. Its not happening
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM

yea i wouldn't either. i wouldn't want my MIL there for 2 weeks either and i love my MIL. but i also enjoy adjusting to new situations without others watchimg me do it.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Your husband is the problem. Like seriously?
jsjammerz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM
I agree with you. Honestly, I wouldn't let anyone come to stay with us right after giving birth, vaginally or surgically.
MountainMomma3
by Sound of Madness on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

If he wants her there, he needes to get some time off if he can. Otherwise, he needs to be supportive of you right now.

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM
I'm sure everyone knows about her. People that act like that are known complainers and talk about everyone. Enjoy your baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM
Its just the adjustment period but the actual physical work of it. Its not happening

Quoting ilovemykids323:

yea i wouldn't either. i wouldn't want my MIL there for 2 weeks either and i love my MIL. but i also enjoy adjusting to new situations without others watchimg me do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Tell her she can visit in a couple months after everyone adjusts to the birth. You need to to heal and relax, your kids need time to adjust to a new sibling, and the family needs to adapt and adjust to a new rountine.

I don't get why your MIL would want to come for weeks if her health is that bad.
goatmom4
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM
No way that is insane tell her Dr demanded u rest she is a pill
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM
No way. Hell no.
She won't be able to be very helpful and will be a burden.
She can come once you are healed and found your groove with 4, or she won't come at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM

She's just trying to steal the spotlight it seems. I wouldn't give in or cater to her in any way ever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)