Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you tell if you are wearing your bra properly?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I measured and got 36C, but these cups seems small
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:24 PM
How did you measure? This is a fantastic reference:

http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

You can tell it's fitting properly if the band is mainly supporting your breasts (not the straps), straps are not slipping, the gore is tacking and all of your breast tissue is in your cup.

And please do not let anyone measure you with the "add 4" way! That's completely wrong, and will cause pain from lack of support!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:40 PM
I got 32 for the band
And 38 for the bust

But the cup sizes are wrong on the site I went to. It seems I am fitting D cups

Quoting Anonymous 2: How did you measure? This is a fantastic reference:

You can tell it's fitting properly if the band is mainly supporting your breasts (not the straps), straps are not slipping, the gore is tacking and all of your breast tissue is in your cup.

And please do not let anyone measure you with the "add 4" way! That's completely wrong, and will cause pain from lack of support!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Those are my measurements, and I wear a 32E. And I'm not large busted, by any means!

Try a few on, and see how they feel. There is even a website (Third Love) that will send you a properly fitting bra for 30 days, to try before you buy! I am wearing one right now, and you'd be amazed at how great it feels to finally have one that fits, lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I got 32 for the band
And 38 for the bust

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:49 PM
And it seems like your way measured with the plus 4, which is awful at true sizing. It was designed in the 30's, before modern elastic was used in bras, so they had to add on to accommodate the stiffer materials.

Cup size is dependent on band size. Try a 34DD, or 32E, and see how they feel!

And 38 for the bust

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM
Ah the D cup fits perfect. You fit an E? lol I know i'm not big up top. I don't get how i'm in a D

Quoting Anonymous 2: Those are my measurements, and I wear a 32E. And I'm not large busted, by any means!

Try a few on, and see how they feel. There is even a website (Third Love) that will send you a properly fitting bra for 30 days, to try before you buy! I am wearing one right now, and you'd be amazed at how great it feels to finally have one that fits, lol

And 38 for the bust

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM
Ok thanks. So I should measure with the bra on? I Bought I read that somewhere

Quoting Anonymous 2: And it seems like your way measured with the plus 4, which is awful at true sizing. It was designed in the 30's, before modern elastic was used in bras, so they had to add on to accommodate the stiffer materials.

Cup size is dependent on band size. Try a 34DD, or 32E, and see how they feel!

And 38 for the bust

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Get measured by a professional. If the cups are small, you probably need a D cup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sassy762:

Get measured by a professional. If the cups are small, you probably need a D cup.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM
Go to Victoria's Secret. They'll measure you and keep bringing you bras till you find what fits and what you like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I'll do that

Quoting vegaswife2011: Go to Victoria's Secret. They'll measure you and keep bringing you bras till you find what fits and what you like.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)