Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bed for a 10 year old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My son is 10, he has this Pirates of the Caribbean bed that he's had since he was like 2, it's a big pirate ship. He thinks he's too old for it and I'm looking into buying him a new bed but I don't want to get him something that, in 5 years, he'll be like "I'm too old for this". Do teenagers like bunk beds? I saw one that has two beds up top like in an L shape and then a futon on the bottom to make a small couch. He says he likes it but I don't want him to feel like he's too big for it before it gets any use.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:54 PM

My daughter had bunk beds for years.  The bottom was a full size futon.......it pushed up to look more like a couch.

She didn't mind it until recently.

She now has a queen size bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:54 PM
Did you really think that a pirate ship bed would last into adulthood 😂😂😂😂 just get a plain full size bed and call it a day. Use it as a guest bed when he moves out.
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:54 PM
We bought bunkbeds for our sons. We bought the ones that can be seperated, and also the bottom is a full, top is a twin.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Just get him a full size bed. He can use that until he moves out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:56 PM
I got all mine a full size bed.
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:58 PM

I'd find him a loft bed with a desk underneath. Or, if you have the room, a regular bed with a desk.

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would just get him a regular full sized bed. He can use it well after he moves out on his own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a clever idea

Quoting sammichmaker: We bought bunkbeds for our sons. We bought the ones that can be seperated, and also the bottom is a full, top is a twin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:01 PM
My 20yr old brother has had that same bunk bed over futon for a few years. I think they're great. I like the loft beds too so you can put a desk under them. 😊
Stevensmomma
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:03 PM
A normal full sized bed and then let him choose new bedding of his licking. Much easier and cheaper
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)