Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stitch Fix....UPDATE!!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:19 PM
  • 29 Replies

Mobile Photo

UPDATE :)
I received my first Stitch Fix box yesterday. (Only one day late) This is what I got. The Dex top was a keeper. I loved the way it fit and the print is really pretty. The Liverpool Skinny jeans were almost perfect. They are extremely comfortable and fit great in length as well the waist, butt and thighs, but the knees were baggy. Especially behind my knees. It just looked weird. They go great with the Dex top so I was disappointed they didn't work out. The Papermoon top went back as well. I wasn't crazy about the color on me. The fit was good and it's made well, but I just wasn't happy with it. The Margaret M skirt was a keeper. I love the Olive color with the pale pink in the flowers. The skirt is kind of thick but not heavy feeling. Only downside is I have nothing that matches it at the moment. The Skies are Blue dress went back. I didn't like it at all and it looked like something my 12 year old daughter would wear.

So out of the 5 items I received, I kept 2. I'm pretty satisfied with my first Fix even though I didn't keep everything. I'm already set up for another box in a couple weeks. I moved my date up because it works out with my paycheck.

Sending the returns back was a breeze. I just put them in the return envelope and stuck them in my mailbox and put the flag up. Our mailman picked up the package just a little while ago. I didn't need to go to the post office or drop it off at a mailbox in town. No hassle whatsoever.

If anyone wants to try it out, and it's OK with CM Admins, I'll post my referal link. If anyone signs up using my link, I get a $25 credit when they receive their first Fix. :)

For those who don't know what it is, Stitch Fix is a monthly clothing subscription. You fill out your style profile, your sizes, what you like to wear, what you don't, what you'd like to receive, etc. You pay a styling fee of $20 (per fix) and your stylist sends you 5 items a month (or more or less frequent) that she thinks you'll like based on your preferences. If you keep anything the $20 fee goes towards the cost of the items you keep. The others you send back. No shipping fees. You have 3 days to decide.

I decided to try out Stitch Fix mostly because I love clothes but hate shopping for them. I will go back and forth in a clothing store for hours and maybe leave with one thing. That one thing is most likely a pair of socks that I picked up because I refused to leave empty handed. I hope this works out. Even if I only keep 2 or 3 items out of each fix, it will help. I get my first fix on May 9th so my fingers are crossed. :)
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Hey, keep updating this, I've been curious about Stitch Fix and I'm not brave enough to give it a shot myself.

Jesslynne_81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Will do!

Quoting corticosteroid:

Hey, keep updating this, I've been curious about Stitch Fix and I'm not brave enough to give it a shot myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM

I haven't read very positive things about stitch fix. Also it's more than $20 if you keep the clothes. People have said it very quickly goes into the $300-$500 mark. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM

I feel like any of these type boxes end up costing way more than I'd ever pay for clothes in the store...

Jesslynne_81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM
Right. The $20 is just the styling fee. But it goes towards the total cost of the items you keep. If you keep nothing, you still pay the $20 fee. For me it's worth trying out. I even made a Pinterest board with styles that I like and linked it to my style profile. So hopefully they can use that for some inspiration.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I haven't read very positive things about stitch fix. Also it's more than $20 if you keep the clothes. People have said it very quickly goes into the $300-$500 mark. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:38 PM
From what I've seen each piece is $25-40 so you spend upwards of a $100 for an outfit. The whole thing seems like a hassle to ship back things I don't like plus I can spend about $75 and get a whole outfit.
Jesslynne_81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM
Yeah, I'm not big on spending a lot on clothes so I won't even try anything on that I think are overpriced. But then I thought, maybe that's my problem lol. As long as they fit and hold up well, one or two high priced pairs of jeans or tops isn't going to break me.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I feel like any of these type boxes end up costing way more than I'd ever pay for clothes in the store...

Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM
I tried it for about six months. The stylist is supposed to get better matching your style the longer you do it, but I gave it up after two months in a row of getting styles I told the stylist I didn't like.

I did get a few cute things, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM
Why are you telling us?
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM
Meh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)