Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cheated and he wanted to work things out. Stop bring it up.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
After being married for ten years things started to get rocky. We drifted away. Well I ended up having 4 one night stands and one on going fling. It was always just sex. Well after a while he asked if i was cheating. I said yes. Told him all the details. He agreed to go to counseling. Everything got better , we got closer and happy again. However It's been 2 years and he still brings it up. I'm over it. I'm getting readying to leave for good.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crochetnewb
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this
You carried on behind your dh's back and just expect him to get over it? That's not how shit works, you shouldn't have cheated.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM

I think you can deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:43 PM

you didn't just have one affair...you had 5 affairs... would you just "get over it" if he had done that to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:45 PM
That's the price you have to pay. The cheating you did will never be "over" for him. He'll carry that hurt the rest of his life. If he needs to talk about it, he's entitled to in order to work through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Your actions will hurt him for life. You deserve every bit of finger-pointing you'll get. People like you disgust me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM
It takes an average of 2 to 5 years for a relationship to heal after an affair. You had 5, do the math.

FromAtoZ
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

He stayed with you after all of that?

What a fool.

CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM

YOU may be over it but he is clearly not. In order for him to have moved on, he would have agreed to NOT bring up the past anymore and throw it in your face or use it as a weapon. He's hurt and angry and that's resentment he's harboring. It takes time to heal from infidelity and sometimes it's a long time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM
You made your bed, now lay in it. If you didn't want to hear about your indiscretions for an indeterminate amount of time, you should have left. As is, he's coping with it, and you need to suck it up and deal, this is entirely your fault and you are now paying the piper!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:55 PM
Good leave him! Set him free. I'm looking for a new husband myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)