Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teachers and their kids who get everything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just figured it out - it took me a while -  that it's the teachers' kids who are the ones getting all the awards, prizes, extra recess time, better treatment.  Is it like this at your school, or have you not noticed it yet or did someone tell you before your child started school so you were better prepared to deal with it?  Their parent doesn't have to be a teacher at our particular school, but if they are a teacher somewhere, they win!  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM

In our small community, there are many kids whose parents are teachers, coaches, even the Superintendent of the District.

There has not been an issue with any type of favoritism shown to these students.

What, exactly, has your child lost out on that has gone to the child of a teacher?

iwicked
by Sugar Magnolia on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
In the 37 years of raising children, I have never seen this to be true. I have seen volunteer coaches kids get favored though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
In all the time my kids were in PS, I never noticed it. I have no idea what you're talking about. What prizes and awards are you talking about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:47 PM
I'm not a teacher. But my kids get all kinds of stuff. They are good students and are always helpful.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM
5 moms liked this

eye rollingYeah, those teachers kids get everything. They are stuck going to mom's classroom after school instead of going home and playing their xbox (or computer). Their parents have high expectations that they have to live up to. If they get in trouble in their class, the parent who is the teacher knows about it before the hour is out.

Yeah, those kids get all the breaks.

mommy2boys03
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM

not so much.  I do find that the kids whose parents are in the building tend to be the better behaved kids.  I think it has something to do with the fact that the kids know that their mom or dad will find out right away if they do something wrong. 

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM

It is not at all like that at our school. 

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM
I won't teach in my son's school because I want him to earn everything like a normal kid and he doesn't get special treatment. The ones that get that at his school are the PTA kids. Their moms are always in the school creating those awards. All the other kids hate them now that they are old enough to figure it out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Our school seems to have a lot of contests and it's the same kids who keep winning, this is two years in a row now.  Then we have traditional things like student council and the unpopular kids but have a teacher who is a parent, they win!  Art contests, music solo,  speaker for a fair, science fair, business fair, special field trip positions, class representative was a new one that suddenly popped up - no elections just bam! you won!  

Quoting Anonymous 2: In all the time my kids were in PS, I never noticed it. I have no idea what you're talking about. What prizes and awards are you talking about?

Theresa1209
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM
I don't see that at our schools. The kids that deserve awards and prizes get them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)