Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you find this weird?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh works for a family owned company. The owner is never there. The company basically runs with dh, another guy, a secretary and the bosses daughter.

The bosses daughter constantly asks me out to lunch, to golf, to dinner and to the country club. We have absolutely zero in common. She's a good 20 plus years older than me, her kids are grown in their 20s, she owns 5 homes around the world, wears clothes off the runway ect.
She knows what I do for a living and obviously how much dh makes, so she knows we aren't hurting for money, so I don't think it's like a pity thing. She buys me and my kids gifts all the time.
It's really weird she's trying to be my new bff. I bring absolutely nothing to the table in the way of friendship. The only thing we have in common is my dh really.
And it's not like she's lonely either. I see her Facebook page and she's always out with friends every night.

What do you think her deal is? I find it really weird.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:31 PM
She is lonely.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM
She sounds like a people person. I wish I knew more people like her in real life. I'm not sure I'd want to be her BFF though.
peekaboo813
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
She's just nice like that and enjoys your company.
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
She might just like your personality. I have a few friends that in paper we have nothing in common, but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy conversation and time spent together
ALEW1214
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should be glad that she is looking past income and maybe just wants to be a genuine friend.

Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
She might just like your personality. I have a few friends that in paper we have nothing in common, but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy conversation and time spent together
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM
But she's not. She has to check her schedule to make plans with me. She's out every night. I see it on Facebook

Quoting left.drowning: She is lonely.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM
That doesn't mean she isn't lonely.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But she's not. She has to check her schedule to make plans with me. She's out every night. I see it on Facebook

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:40 PM
But even if that were true, I have nothing to offer her. I have no idea what it's like to be her. I can't sympathize with anything because our lives are so totally different. I really have nothing to even talk to her about because we are just so different. Then I feel totally weird when she wants to go shopping and blows $500 on my kids.
She bought my son a motorized power wheels for his birthday. It's nuts. I don't want to say anything either because essentially she's my Dh's boss.

Quoting left.drowning: That doesn't mean she isn't lonely.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But she's not. She has to check her schedule to make plans with me. She's out every night. I see it on Facebook

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM

It sounds like she is lonely and wants to spoil some kids.  Just because she is out with friends doesn't mean she isn't lonely. Maybe she admires you. Maybe she likes helping out a young family, whether they need it or not.  It sounds like she is being nice.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Give it a chance you could one day become really good friends.  She probably remembers being a Mom with kids and misses it. You can be surrounded by people, money, things, doing things and still be desperately lonely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)