Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yom HaShoah

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Holocaust Remembrance Day

Did your children's schools learn about the Holocaust? Do they at any point in the school year? Do you have have family members who were survivors (or not) of the Holocaust?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We are Hasidic so yes, my children learn about it. My grandparents from both sides were survivors. They all lost their entire families. My maternal grandmother had one surviving sister but she died in 1957. Hasidic communities in the US were founded by Holocaust survivors. It's something we will never forget and why we continue to practice our religion the way it was in the alter heim.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM
My child attends catholic school and they did discuss it today as best they can for little kids. My family had two relatives die in WW2 fighting in Germany but none killed in any camps.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:32 PM

My kids are on Spring Break right now, so no school this week.

bonberi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:33 PM
My children aren't in grade school yet but they will learn about the Holocaust. Usually they start learning at higher grades.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Yep. I don't know if they learned anything today specifically but they do learn about the Holocaust. We visited the museum in DC too. It brought tears to my eyes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM
My children have learned about the Holocaust. I would be very disappointed to learn they hadn't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)