Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull out method

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
We know it's a terrible way to prevent pregnancy. Often, couples who are neither preventing or trying do this. I'm curious, did you get pregnant while using this method?

I only had one pregnancy, which was six years ago. I conceived this way. Of course, it wasn't a surprise as we weren't actively preventing pregnancy.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:41 PM
Not me.

Bump
Fabulous24
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM
No. We chose not to use protection.
angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM

No

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:45 PM
No. The poke and pray isn't birth control. I planned both of my children and used appropriate protection. We are now purposefully sterilized to prevent any further children.
countryStrong87
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:46 PM

I got pregnant with my oldest dh this way as well. I was 18 and dumb!!! It all worked out though because I am 30 now and we are still together lol!

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:46 PM

You are right that is is for those who are not too serious one way or another about having a child. Waiting here to take a pregnancy test next week. LOL. I used condoms for the first 6 months after we had our son 5 years ago. After our son was 6 months old we stopped using condoms and we have only used the pull out method for about 5 years now. No pregnancies, but not sure this month. WIll see. Boobs hurt but could be from the gym. 

PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM

I guess I'm lucky, we used nothing but the pull out method for 6 years and had zero pregnancies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:53 PM
I hope whatever the results are, you're happy :)

I didn't think I wanted another, but going on two weeks late and a bfn hpt. I kind of feel disappointed. My son graduates pre-k on my 30th birthday, Im an emotional wreck haha! A baby would be soooo welcome right now! So would my period, though, I hate being in no mans land!

Quoting cali_gurl:

You are right that is is for those who are not too serious one way or another about having a child. Waiting here to take a pregnancy test next week. LOL. I used condoms for the first 6 months after we had our son 5 years ago. After our son was 6 months old we stopped using condoms and we have only used the pull out method for about 5 years now. No pregnancies, but not sure this month. WIll see. Boobs hurt but could be from the gym. 

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM

I am so totally there with you girl!! Not sure what result I want. LOL. My son is pre k too. I always thought maybe another. Not sure. 39 now.

As for you, 2 weeks late is late. Take another test in a day or so. 5 years ago I didn't think I was pregnant but I was! LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope whatever the results are, you're happy :) I didn't think I wanted another, but going on two weeks late and a bfn hpt. I kind of feel disappointed. My son graduates pre-k on my 30th birthday, Im an emotional wreck haha! A baby would be soooo welcome right now! So would my period, though, I hate being in no mans land!
Quoting cali_gurl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM
I am pretty in tune with my body, I track my cycle and I can usually tell around when I ovulate. We've used this method for a year now and so far no pregnancies.

Right now I'm 2 weeks late and getting negative hpts. Just when you think you know your body, it goes and shows you whose boss.

Quoting PrettyWings29:

I guess I'm lucky, we used nothing but the pull out method for 6 years and had zero pregnancies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)