Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dog Needs Surgery...

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:31 PM
  • 24 Replies

She is a 12 year old golden retriever named Maya. I took her to the vet today because of a large lump on her back leg. I was so afraid that it was a tumor or something but it is thankfully just a cyst. It is causing her pain though and making it difficult to walk so she is going to have surgery Wednesday morning, if I can get the time off of work. It's about the size of a small plum I think. If you press on it, it feels like a water balloon. My poor baby. Hopefully she will feel much better after the surgery. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until she's healed, I'm afraid. 

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1kidmomajm
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Awe, poor girl. It's fine for you to take off work. But you don't really need to the day of. You admit her in the morning and can pick up before closing. She needs the day to recuperate there. If anything, the day after might be a good day to be with her if you want to. She will do fine. As long as they do pre-operative bloodwork and monitor her vitals during the surgery, she will be fine. Just do whatever the vet says.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:28 PM
BUMP
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be taking the whole day off but I would need someone to cover for me for the first couple of hours. They are going to let me stay with her until they take her back to surgery and then I will pick her up when they close. Taking the day after off would be a good idea, now that you mention it. 

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Awe, poor girl. It's fine for you to take off work. But you don't really need to the day of. You admit her in the morning and can pick up before closing. She needs the day to recuperate there. If anything, the day after might be a good day to be with her if you want to. She will do fine. As long as they do pre-operative bloodwork and monitor her vitals during the surgery, she will be fine. Just do whatever the vet says.

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:11 PM

are they going to just twilight her or are they putting her all the way under?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:12 PM

I have a Maya, too:) She's a 9.5 year old pitty

romalove
by SakePrincess on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:13 PM
My 11 and a half year old shih Tzu just had surgery a month ago to remove his eye. It's more traumatic for us than for them. Good luck. :-)
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:17 PM
Aww. Well I hope everything goes well and she heals quickly. I have a golden too. She's my baby.
Devilish_One
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:20 PM
My mil's dog had 3 moles removed, and 13 teeth pulled. He's a 14 year old wiener dog!
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:31 PM

I don't know. I'm assuming they're going to put her all the way under. 

Quoting mmm2015:

are they going to just twilight her or are they putting her all the way under?

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Cute. I've always liked the name. When I got her, I couldn't picture myself having a child so I decided to give the name to my dog. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I have a Maya, too:) She's a 9.5 year old pitty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)