Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really need TWO football fields?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Okay I am going anon because I don't know if anyone from my town is on here and my town apparently value sports over education. Here is the deal my town built a new high school ten years ago very poorly built too if you ask me since there are already cracks in the walls over a inch wide. Town will be paying with our tax dollars for over 30 years for it as well. Well my town just got a grant to build a special needs building next to the elementary school because there is a unusually high amount of specials need children in the school area. I think the unusual high amount is due to the pregnant women who thinks drugs are more important then her baby.
Anyways I agree with the building because before this the special needs children were put in a normal classroom which caused distractions because these kids can't sit still or speak some need to be changed. It is not the right environment for either children.
Also the grant is improving security because right now I can walk right in a no one will stop me. No matter where I enter. The front back side all open no one even cares to ask who I am what I am doing nothing.
Here is where it gets me mad they are using part of the grant money to build a second. Yes you heard me a SECOND football field!!! The reason is because the ground I'd too hard! I am sorry but the last I checked the ground is supposed to be hard! I would be worried if it wasnt! The second reason because they got a good deal on it. It is only going to cost one point five MILLION dollars!!! Do you have any idea what one point five MILLION could buy!!! I think that money should be spent on education and not stupid sports. You don't need TWO football fields!!! Instead of buying a stupid football field they should spend it on better text books or repair buses.
Please tell me I am not the only person who thinks this is beyond stupid to build a SECOND football field. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:49 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:00 AM
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM
You're right, that is pretty stupid especially since it sounds like the school needs fixed first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Eh it's being done to basically all the schools in the area. My dd's school is fundraising for it. The 1.5 million needed is actually almost all raised with the help of a local rich man who gives money to help the community.

It's all about putting in turf ( fake grass) , supposedly it's supposed to be safer than the hard ground. Less likely for stupid injuries like sprained ankles or knees.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM

School board now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)