Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You shouldn't pity me because I'm ugly....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

My sister actually pity's me because I'm ugly.   I don't know why.   Ugly women don't have to deal with nearly as many things as beautiful women do.....   

Thing is, when I go to bed at night, I wake up in another world.  I assume I've been lucky enough to experience an alternate universe.   I live out my day on this other planet called Skydar and when I go to bed there, I wake up here.  Nobody really believes me and that's cool.  You certainly shouldn't, but it doesn't make it any less true.  

On Skydar, I'm a beautiful actress.   I have more problems than you can count.   Cameras are constantly following me around, people scrutinize everything I do and say, my schedule is crazy,  I can't keep a good boyfriend to save my life, drugs are my constant companion, and I meet with a therapist every Tuesday to discuss my depression.   People adore me, I'm beautiful, have all the money in the world, and yet I still can't just be happy.    

On this earth planet, I have a wonderful husband and DD.  I'm plain looking...ugly if you will.  My nose is too big for my head, my eyes are narrow, and my lips are as thin as a sheet of paper.   Men dont look at me the same as they do on Skydar.   They regard me in much more respectful manner.  Thing is, I knew that my husband's affection for me was genuine.  Why wouldn't it be?  Who would choose to keep company with such a plain, ugly woman unless you truly felt a connection? 

Skydar isn't so different from our Earth.   People are just as consumed in their own images and self-interest; however, living there has seemed more like a curse than a blessing.  I am haunted every day in knowing that I have to return to that life where I maintain a false image because I belong to a brand name and not to myself.  

At least here I can enjoy the simple pleasure of lying down on a soft patch of grass at the park while I gaze at the clouds without any disturbance.   

Why can't I just stay awake?  I've tried.  Believe me, I've tried.... I have what they call narcolepsy... Although, I think it's just another name for my curse.  The sleep studies have rendered us no answers.   

I've come to accept my circumstance, but never pity me.  I would choose this life a thousand times over the other.  

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Good, now that ranted what's next?
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:03 PM
I feel like I'm on another planet after reading this.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:03 PM
You're welcome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:04 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good, now that ranted what's next?

I dont know.  I want to quit my job as an actress, but i'd let so many people down... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:05 PM
No prob bob
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:06 PM
Cool story
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:10 PM

uhh

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:13 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:16 PM

bump

dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM
I can't read this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)